Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

beta swap PLEASE HELP

Old 07-01-2009, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 hyundai accent
Default beta swap PLEASE HELP

Hi i swapped the 02 elantra 2.0 into my 00 accent. i believe i used a 02 accent 1.6 ecm. I put an obx header and a aftermarket cat on and a 99 eclipse non turbo CAI and used the accent auto trans. i extended the o2 sensors and coolant temp and a few other sensors. i swapped coil plugs and changed maf for map plug. i think i got the wiring right. i had to go by number because the colors didn't match up. i was just wondering if you had any problems getting yours running because im having a very hard time getting mine running. i am getting spark and fuel but its not starting.(screwdriver test for spark & pulled fuel rail off with injectors to make sure i was getting injector pulse) This made me think timing but i checked no.1 cyl at TDC and the timing marks line up perfect. the timing belt is in good condition also. i replaced the crank sensor yesterday. i checkd the fuses that i thought could cause a problem also. I want my car to run so bad but i am getting frustrated and about out of ideas. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-01-2009, 07:13 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red05stx @ Jul 1 2009, 02:12 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Hi i swapped the 02 elantra 2.0 into my 00 accent. i believe i used a 02 accent 1.6 ecm. I put an obx header and a aftermarket cat on and a 99 eclipse non turbo CAI and used the accent auto trans. i extended the o2 sensors and coolant temp and a few other sensors. i swapped coil plugs and changed maf for map plug. i think i got the wiring right. i had to go by number because the colors didn't match up. i was just wondering if you had any problems getting yours running because im having a very hard time getting mine running. i am getting spark and fuel but its not starting.(screwdriver test for spark & pulled fuel rail off with injectors to make sure i was getting injector pulse) This made me think timing but i checked no.1 cyl at TDC and the timing marks line up perfect. the timing belt is in good condition also. i replaced the crank sensor yesterday. i checkd the fuses that i thought could cause a problem also. I want my car to run so bad but i am getting frustrated and about out of ideas. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks</div>

Does anyone on here have said wiring diagrams for both vehicles?
Old 07-01-2009, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kingpinelectronics @ Jul 1 2009, 09:13 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Does anyone on here have said wiring diagrams for both vehicles?</div>
http://hmaservice.com/
It can be somewhat cryptic at times but for the most part you can find all of the electrical wiring diagrams there.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2003 elantra, Soon to be beta swapped 01 lc hatch

Did you swap the alpha's crank sensor over to the beta? If you have any other questions check out sharptooth's DIY for the beta swap. I did the swap and the motor failed after 12 miles. I'm getting ready to do it again on my other lc accent.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

You swapped coil plugs? I think you have to swap coil packs.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:35 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slyderdai @ Jul 1 2009, 11:31 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Did you swap the alpha's crank sensor over to the beta? If you have any other questions check out sharptooth's DIY for the beta swap. I did the swap and the motor failed after 12 miles. I'm getting ready to do it again on my other lc accent.</div>

yes i swapped the crank sensor. i pretty much used jsharptooths DIY to do my swap but modded where necessary. Did a compression test today. compression good
Old 07-01-2009, 06:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Jul 1 2009, 11:40 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>You swapped coil plugs? I think you have to swap coil packs.</div>

I do have the old coil packs but according to jsharptooths DIY i can just use the beta coils.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I thought the coils needed to have the wiring at the packs changed if you use the Beta coil packs. But I don't recall the exact procedure, and I could be mistaken. I know people have had this problem regularly. I think the coils are in opposite locations or something like that.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:51 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

I would double check to make sure that you have the crank and cam sensor hooked up correctly. Also +1 on checking the coll connectors. If they are wired wrong then you will have issues.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:01 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent GS

I ended up using the 1.6L coil packs on my swap. We never could get the beta coils to work.