Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Hybrids (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-hybrids-70/)
-   -   beta swap PLEASE HELP (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-hybrids-70/beta-swap-please-help-15058/)

red05stx 07-01-2009 01:12 AM

beta swap PLEASE HELP

Hi i swapped the 02 elantra 2.0 into my 00 accent. i believe i used a 02 accent 1.6 ecm. I put an obx header and a aftermarket cat on and a 99 eclipse non turbo CAI and used the accent auto trans. i extended the o2 sensors and coolant temp and a few other sensors. i swapped coil plugs and changed maf for map plug. i think i got the wiring right. i had to go by number because the colors didn't match up. i was just wondering if you had any problems getting yours running because im having a very hard time getting mine running. i am getting spark and fuel but its not starting.(screwdriver test for spark & pulled fuel rail off with injectors to make sure i was getting injector pulse) This made me think timing but i checked no.1 cyl at TDC and the timing marks line up perfect. the timing belt is in good condition also. i replaced the crank sensor yesterday. i checkd the fuses that i thought could cause a problem also. I want my car to run so bad but i am getting frustrated and about out of ideas. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

kingpinelectronics 07-01-2009 07:13 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red05stx @ Jul 1 2009, 02:12 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Hi i swapped the 02 elantra 2.0 into my 00 accent. i believe i used a 02 accent 1.6 ecm. I put an obx header and a aftermarket cat on and a 99 eclipse non turbo CAI and used the accent auto trans. i extended the o2 sensors and coolant temp and a few other sensors. i swapped coil plugs and changed maf for map plug. i think i got the wiring right. i had to go by number because the colors didn't match up. i was just wondering if you had any problems getting yours running because im having a very hard time getting mine running. i am getting spark and fuel but its not starting.(screwdriver test for spark & pulled fuel rail off with injectors to make sure i was getting injector pulse) This made me think timing but i checked no.1 cyl at TDC and the timing marks line up perfect. the timing belt is in good condition also. i replaced the crank sensor yesterday. i checkd the fuses that i thought could cause a problem also. I want my car to run so bad but i am getting frustrated and about out of ideas. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks</div>

Does anyone on here have said wiring diagrams for both vehicles?

warp21 07-01-2009 08:17 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kingpinelectronics @ Jul 1 2009, 09:13 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Does anyone on here have said wiring diagrams for both vehicles?</div>
http://hmaservice.com/
It can be somewhat cryptic at times but for the most part you can find all of the electrical wiring diagrams there.

slyderdai 07-01-2009 09:31 AM

Did you swap the alpha's crank sensor over to the beta? If you have any other questions check out sharptooth's DIY for the beta swap. I did the swap and the motor failed after 12 miles. I'm getting ready to do it again on my other lc accent.

187sks 07-01-2009 09:40 AM

You swapped coil plugs? I think you have to swap coil packs.

red05stx 07-01-2009 06:35 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slyderdai @ Jul 1 2009, 11:31 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Did you swap the alpha's crank sensor over to the beta? If you have any other questions check out sharptooth's DIY for the beta swap. I did the swap and the motor failed after 12 miles. I'm getting ready to do it again on my other lc accent.</div>

yes i swapped the crank sensor. i pretty much used jsharptooths DIY to do my swap but modded where necessary. Did a compression test today. compression good

red05stx 07-01-2009 06:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Jul 1 2009, 11:40 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>You swapped coil plugs? I think you have to swap coil packs.</div>

I do have the old coil packs but according to jsharptooths DIY i can just use the beta coils.

187sks 07-01-2009 07:48 PM

I thought the coils needed to have the wiring at the packs changed if you use the Beta coil packs. But I don't recall the exact procedure, and I could be mistaken. I know people have had this problem regularly. I think the coils are in opposite locations or something like that.

jsharptooth91 07-01-2009 07:51 PM

I would double check to make sure that you have the crank and cam sensor hooked up correctly. Also +1 on checking the coll connectors. If they are wired wrong then you will have issues.

rooney10 07-01-2009 10:01 PM

I ended up using the 1.6L coil packs on my swap. We never could get the beta coils to work.