Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Which ECU tune do you all have?

Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

One thing I don't like about my BR tune is the cooling fan being on all the time. This is a drag on HP and gas mileage when it is seldom needed. I would much rather have a manual or thermostatically controlled fan.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 genesis coupe

I had a custom tuned PA module on my car for a little while, and unfortunately the car never came out of limp mode except for the original dyno. I believe this was probably more due to the tuner not being familiar with the software, but from what I hear from other tuners of VEOCOM is that the software is almost impossible to deal with and there isn't a lot of support for it. Afterwards i switched to a custom tuned ecu by Turbo XS, and now I couldn't be happier. The car made 399 whp and 324 ft lbs tq. The car has never been in limp mode and my afr's are perfect (except when its freezing, then it runs a little rich till it warms up). Jermaine has always been super helpful and is really knowledgeable about this car and its ecu.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Originally Posted by 8765309
Yeah, that was pretty snooty of me, I just assumed you were a bad driver. So that's too bad about your situation, sorry to hear that.

'Clutch lottery', interesting response from Tim. I have issues with my tune that I haven't been able to figure out and I got the same sort of response from Tim as well, him telling me that it is difficult to develop a tune that will work on everyone's car because the model they use for research and development will be slightly different from the model you're driving. But it's a lame response from an engineering perspective because if you are going to develop a canned tune that will work on thousands of cars located in different parts of the country with varying temperatures and altitudes then you should probably develop a tune that maxes out reasonably below a certain threshold. 20psi is obviously too much, but dyno charts seem to be more important than overall customer satisfaction.

Anyone here running the piranha racewerks stage 1? I understand it's slightly more conservative than BR, this may be just what I'm looking for.

Like I said, no worries. That was just me ranting You know, I blame myself more than BeyondRedline. When I saw the dyno for the reflash I just thought to myself "that's too good to be true!!!" I should have done my homework first. Of course all the reviews from people at the time were saying how great it was, no problems, etc. It wasn't until I purchased and reflashed my car when people started complaining about clutch slippage They say, "you gotta pay to play" which is true, since I'm such a n00b to FI I got bit in the ass. I totally agree with you on the whole "dyno charts seem to be more important than overall customer satisfaction". IMHO looking at the big picture, the dynos aren't that all impressive either. Sure you get considerable gains, but the power band doesn't look that great. You get major boost at first, then it tapers off. I know that has to do with the tiny turbo rather than the reflash (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no expert at this stuff.)

Looking back now, I would have bought a Dynojet CMD and run at a lower boost. Sure, canned tunes are the cat's pajamas, but for a "Stage .5" no-nonsense tune, I would have been better off (and spent less.)

BTW, 8765309 what issues are you having?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

Originally Posted by Richardb1285
I had a custom tuned PA module on my car for a little while, and unfortunately the car never came out of limp mode except for the original dyno. I believe this was probably more due to the tuner not being familiar with the software, but from what I hear from other tuners of VEOCOM is that the software is almost impossible to deal with and there isn't a lot of support for it. Afterwards i switched to a custom tuned ecu by Turbo XS, and now I couldn't be happier. The car made 399 whp and 324 ft lbs tq. The car has never been in limp mode and my afr's are perfect (except when its freezing, then it runs a little rich till it warms up). Jermaine has always been super helpful and is really knowledgeable about this car and its ecu.

Agreed PT Tuning did not know there ass from a hole in the ground when it came to tuning on the VEOCOM! Turbo XS knows there sh*t no doubt about it they are one of if not the best tuners for our cars!