Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

2.0T Mirabeau's Build BR Stage 3 Auto Trans

Old 01-14-2012, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
Default 2.0T Mirabeau's Build BR Stage 3 Auto Trans

Well hi everyone I am new here on the forums but very active on Gencoupe.com and now I am moving on over to here to get away from some certain a**holes on there. Most of you guys here should know me from there but wanted to kinda post on here to introduce my car and me. Recently I had taking my car to Beyond Redline to have there stage 3 installed and tuned for 2 reasons 1: to try to get a canned tune made for other members looking for the same goals as myself and 2: Because lets face it auto's suck ass stock (SO SSSLLLOOOWWW). Well let me cut to the chase here are my mods on the car.

Owner:

Chad Femmino

Car:

2010 2.0T Hyundai Genesis Coupe Mirabeau Blue

Premium Automatic Trans

Exterior Mods:

M&S Type D Grill

Superlux Tails

Genesis Black Wing Emblem(Rear)

KPR Tow Hook

5% Tint

Interior:

RRM Carbon Fiber Pillars

AEM Boost Gauge

AEM Wideband Uego

Suspension And Wheels:

XXR 522's Chromium Black Front 19x8.5+15 and Rear 19x10+20

Hankook V12's Front 245/35/19 and Rear 275/35/19

Eibach Pro Kit Springs(Have BC Coils just waiting till spring)

Engine:

Beyond Redline Stage 3 Stock Turbo Upgrade with upgrade Wastegate

Beyond Redline Turbo Back Exhaust

Beyond Redline FMIC with Trans Cooler Upgrade

DW 550cc Fuel Injectors

Injen Cold Air Intake

AGP Catch Can And Breather Kit

Tuned by Beyond Redline with PA Veocom and CMD(For Proper Boost Contol)

Lighting:

Diode Dynamics Stage 3

Diode Dynamics Switchbacks

Diode Dynamics 6K HID Lowbeams and Fogs

Here is a short run of BR stage 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfOtvtlUGaA

Here is the Graphs showing Stock, BR Stage 1 and BR Stage 3

Here is the vid of BR Stage 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBXNxX28Gkc

Here is the vid of the BR Catback will post new vid when I get my car back of full Turbo Back Exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_91K5kNOQHM

And my old Primary Catback Ark Exhaust that made me lose 12 WHP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SF_75dshr4

Hope this thread will help you guys get to know me and provide info for the community as far as info for the Automatic guys. Also please subscribe to my youtube if you are active on there I post a ton of video's during the summer months and recently got a new camera this year and a GO PRO 2 so there will be many more this summer!

Thanks

Chad
Old 01-15-2012, 03:15 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 - 1999 Hyundai Accent Hatch

Nice build man. Car looks good too!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

My car is only at Stage 1.2, lots of stage 3 going on there. Good work.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:29 PM

Thanks Guys I will keep you guys updated if you have any questions about the car or tune let me know I am here to help!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:25 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Looks great man. 2 questions for you.

1. What camber are you running f+r

2. How did you determine that ark exhaust was cause of the lost in power and what aspect of the system contributed to that loss?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by tanc
Looks great man. 2 questions for you.

1. What camber are you running f+r

2. How did you determine that ark exhaust was cause of the lost in power and what aspect of the system contributed to that loss?

The camber is at factory settings after I installed the wheels and springs I went about 3 weeks later to my buddy at the dealership and had a 4 wheels alignment. There is no reason for me to run negative camber until I install my BC coils. Then I think I will have to run some negative in the rear but the front will be fine.

For the ARK exhaust I had my car on the dyno right after I reflashed my car only other MOD was CAI it dyno'd at 194HP. About 1 month later I installed the Ark Exhaust and went back to the same dyno and only hit 182HP. The ARK exhaust was I could concept but it just plain out smothers the Turbo and Exhaust Gases because of the canister design is all I can figure out.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:19 AM

Did you take it right off and wham power back to normal? There are many contributing factors to powerloss especially after one month between dynos. I'm just curious if you ran a couple runs with the ark on, got an avg whp then took it off and did a couple pulls to compare avg whp without changing anything else?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by tanc
Did you take it right off and wham power back to normal? There are many contributing factors to powerloss especially after one month between dynos. I'm just curious if you ran a couple runs with the ark on, got an avg whp then took it off and did a couple pulls to compare avg whp without changing anything else?

I did 3 runs at a dyno day in NC the highest with the flash was 194 then when I went back a month later with the ARK exhaust did 3 pulls again highest 182. Then in I think it was August when I took the video I put the 3 inch BR catback with OEM downpipe with the second 02 on there when we did my baseline at BR it was 192 I believe I will have to get with Tim to find out exactly what it was. I am not the only one who has proved the ARK for the 2.0T to be a loss of power. I loved the way my ARK looked from the rear but I knew when I put it on there my butt dyno said something was not right. There is a thread on another forum that I will not mention there name where someone cut the ARK canister's off the exhaust and it was down right ugly and disappointing what they found!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:29 PM

By all means I'm not questioning you to find loop holes in your story or loss of credibility but a more factual claim with real data which you seem to have. I don't work for ARK, I was just curious since a lot of people buy their product and even on their website they show gains with dynos. This is good info. I can tell you this through from a bit of exhaust/pressure design theory background, the ARK exhaust is designed for SOUND no PERFORMANCE but most people don't what to look for when purchasing a system.

Now time to go find that thread so I can see those magic canisters.

Here is a good article on exhaust science. Take a look if your interested then come back in here and tell me if you agree with me just by reading that article. http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...xh/index1.html
Old 01-17-2012, 02:44 PM

I 100% agree that there is a ton of different things that contribute to what the dyno reads! I did not take what you asked me the wrong way I am very big supporter when it comes to fact and fiction on performance in general so thanks for the questions. I read the artcle and it was very interesting thanks for the link. As far as the ARK exhaust goes the sound and quality was good but the HP completley disappointed me and the fact the exhaust melted my diffuser on the right side............ =( Once I get my car back for Beyond Redline I will post some dyno graphs from the local dyno I use here at home and take a few video's of the car running. Once again thanks for the questions I wish there was some more Gen Coupe owners on here I noticed this section is not that active or am I in the wrong sections!?