Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Which ECU tune do you all have?

Old 12-24-2011, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Originally Posted by GenFlyer
300lb/ft on a base tune?!

I have their stage 2 tune, but they are all very torquey.

And yes you will need a clutch soon! Mine lasted less than a week after reflashing.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Gen Coupe

I'm currently running PA but going to switch to BR since a retune is only $100
Old 12-26-2011, 05:16 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

Currently have a TurboXS tune. At 265hp and 290lb ft's. Hoping my clutch lasts till the summer!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

I have the BR tune. Clutch is slipping.....
Old 12-30-2011, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 - 1999 Hyundai Accent Hatch

I have a PowerAxel canned tune for my 3.8. I like it, but after comparing with others who have the exact same setup as me, I feel like I could have gotten more. I got minimal gains, but it still feels good so I'm not complaining.

Regardless, BTRcc is coming to Toronto in the spring and I'm going to give them a crack at doing a full custom tune for me. I have nothing against PA at all, great company, I'm just experimenting. I really like what BTRcc is doing lately, I think they have a good future in store for them.

Latest numbers are 258ft-lb/271whp.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

IMO the base 20T PA tune, from PA, isn't something I'd want to run. The dyno sheet they posted of it was showing a 13:1 a/f in some spots and I don't think it ever went below 12:1.

BR, TurboXS, BTRcc, and PRW are the ones I'd stick with for the 20T. They're all going to make similar power and since they're canned tunes you can't really say one is better than another if they're within 5-10whp, as you car might be +/- 5-10whp over their test car with the same tune. The tuners essentially have 3 options to tweak and make more power. Boost, timing, and valve timing. I'm pretty sure none of them mess with valve timing. I'm 100% sure that they all have to obey the laws of physics and only run a certain amount of timing advance and a certain amount of boost before IATs get too high and/or you start to get knock/detonation.

Hell I made 225whp and 270wtq with just a CMD and intake, which is the same or more than any of the "Stage 1" ecu flashes out there.

The only reason I'd lean away from BR is if you're looking at a stage 2 or 3 kit with the DW 550cc injectors, as those injectors have cranking, cold stumble, and hot start issues. It sucks beause BR whipped up some solid tunes but the injectors themselves have issues. I had the BR stage 3 setup for a while with the DW injectors. I messed with the fuel scalar in my CMD (on top of BR tune) until the cows came home but could never get the injectors to behave properly. I bought some Bosch EV14 680cc injectors off ebay and all my problems went away.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:27 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 - 1999 Hyundai Accent Hatch

Maybe I missed out on something, but it seems like PA has been really quiet lately. They only seem interested in selling modules and uNavi units. I mean, nothing wrong with that, but now that BR and PRW both have licensed use of VeoCOM and sell modules with better tunes you would think that PA would want to diversify or stay on top of the game.

Same thing with the 3.8 market. For the longest time you could only deal with PA or SFR for canned or custom tunes, now BTRcc is in the mix offering competitive service.

I really like PowerAxel, great customer service and always professional, but could it be that they are falling behind? Thoughts?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Gen Coupe

Originally Posted by segagen
Maybe I missed out on something, but it seems like PA has been really quiet lately. They only seem interested in selling modules and uNavi units. I mean, nothing wrong with that, but now that BR and PRW both have licensed use of VeoCOM and sell modules with better tunes you would think that PA would want to diversify or stay on top of the game.

Same thing with the 3.8 market. For the longest time you could only deal with PA or SFR for canned or custom tunes, now BTRcc is in the mix offering competitive service.

I really like PowerAxel, great customer service and always professional, but could it be that they are falling behind? Thoughts?

actually, PA no longer sells the uNavi modules so that's another hit lol. But apparently they've been working on tunes for the Sonata Turbo and Optima Turbo so your right about the diversifying
Old 01-02-2012, 11:22 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8

Im glad someone asked this question because I have been going back and forth in deciding which tune would be best for my car.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Supposedly the newer DW 550s are better than the original ones. That being said I have the originals. Really bad stumble when the engine is under 100F and in closed loop. I also have a bored out TB though that is not taken into account with the tune.