Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

mounting crossovers for components

Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Elantra
Default mounting crossovers for components

my new infinity reference components were delivered Saturday and I'll be putting them in tomorrow. my question has to do with water getting inside the doors (washing the car, rain, etc). is it a common thing to happen and if so how do i protect the crossovers from being ruined by the water? can i wrap the crossovers with clear saran wrap to give them protection without it hurting anything? i dont plan to change them out for a very long time so i want to make sure they last for the long haul. thanks for the help.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: )5 Elantra GLS

I know this is an older posting, but here's my two cents worth. When I installed my components in the front, I mounted the crossovers inside the doors, inside a plastic bag wrapped with silver "a/c" tape (the kind that impossible to come loose) so no water could easily get to it. The bag was taped to the inside of the door frame as close forward in the door as possible out of any area where water would usually travel. One year later, they still perform with no problems. Oh, before I forget. The way I have them taped down, I also punctured a small hole in the lowest point to release any moisture that may build up inside. The wiring comes into it at about the "7 o'clock position" with the hole at the "6 o'clock position".