Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Hood Struts?

Old 12-21-2012, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02/Hyundai/Elantra GLS
Default Hood Struts?

anyone have or know were I can get or what I have to get to put hood struts on my car?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

a two second search on ebay found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-03-Hyunda...c78907&vxp=mtr

Those look like straight bolt-on's and the price reflects that. I'm sure you could find something cheaper that would work, just SEARCH ebay for "hood struts".
Old 12-21-2012, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by pas1216
a two second search on ebay found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-03-Hyunda...c78907&vxp=mtr

Those look like straight bolt-on's and the price reflects that. I'm sure you could find something cheaper that would work, just SEARCH ebay for "hood struts".

yeah i saw those on there when i first started looking and said f that i could prob build one for cheaper if i really wanted to but i want to see if anyone knows ok any kits that are not way over priced
Old 04-12-2013, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: )5 Elantra GLS

This is an older post. But Hot Rod magazine (or was it Car Craft?) had an article about adding support rods to the hood of a Mustang, and went through a long explanation of how to measure the pivot points to mount gas rods to lift the hood. Anyway, it does work (I tried it on a Pinto and a Honda).
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by jdmeaux1952
This is an older post. But Hot Rod magazine (or was it Car Craft?) had an article about adding support rods to the hood of a Mustang, and went through a long explanation of how to measure the pivot points to mount gas rods to lift the hood. Anyway, it does work (I tried it on a Pinto and a Honda).

Oh I know it can be done I just need the know how I'm going to have to look in some magazines now