Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

02 Elantra throws 2nd O2 sensor code cant fix

Old 12-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The car comes with 2 O2 sensors. One before the cat used to control fueling, one after to let the robot know if the cat is going out. At least one should be before a catalytic converter.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Did you put one nonfouler or did you use both?
Old 12-06-2010, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

ive always hated the headers that put the o2 sensor in 1 pipe....doesnt get a accurate reading that way

if it was me, i would put the first 1 where you have it circled in red, then put the second one after the cat

thats how i had mine ran, no CELs for over 3 years
Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 02/Hyundai/Elantra GLS

Originally Posted by Stocker
The car comes with 2 O2 sensors. One before the cat used to control fueling, one after to let the robot know if the cat is going out. At least one should be before a catalytic converter.

i have...well had before machanic flipped the downpipe.. an o2 sensore before and after cat and it still gave me a cel

Originally Posted by Bommello
Did you put one nonfouler or did you use both?

i put one on were i have it circled it was a 18mm and that didnt help at all unless you have to put on on both

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
ive always hated the headers that put the o2 sensor in 1 pipe....doesnt get a accurate reading that way

if it was me, i would put the first 1 where you have it circled in red, then put the second one after the cat

thats how i had mine ran, no CELs for over 3 years

i may try that instead of putting on snap on resistores to lower the reading to the ecu. i would just have too extended the first o2 cable and some how run it to the down pipe with out being in the way of the drive axle and have a bung welded to the down pipe
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have both and no cel.