Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.
View Poll Results: hot or not?
hot
6.67%
or not
93.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

outrageous rear wing going to have to do it

Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You might look into using 3M VHB tape or similar, if you can get a good shape-fit to the window. If you can do it so it looks clean, some of us might want to barf but the important thing about YOUR car is that YOU like it.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

First of all I think it'll be hard to pull off and make it not look like a hack job. Secondly, I don't think it'll look very good even if done perfectly.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Elantra

I know some people are gonna hate on it as Stocker posted but I can honestly say I dont like it. Big wings are not my thing and come across as ricey. But visionz said it best. If you like it then do it. Who cares what other people think.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 accent

As another Accent owner, I honestly would have to say that if I saw that driving down the road with the wing on it, I would have to pull over, and then while
Old 05-19-2011, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tibby

Old 05-19-2011, 05:00 PM

Vehicle: 2002/Hyundai/Accent GSI

Originally Posted by optimoprime
please smack yourself and who ever told you that was a good idea.

I think someone should have told me to smack myself when buying the Accent in the first place....next to no aftermarket support "universal" seems to be what Accents are built from, everything you do to an Accent is cobbled together from other cars, and you meet the most unintelligent people making rude comments instead of constructive criticism. Thanks to all that did give positive Criticism, like it or not.

If someone wants to make a suggestion on how I could mod my Accent for a car show and give me some ideas other then the bastard wing please be my guest. keep in mine that I auto x my car and a body kit is out of the question, as it would be destroyed by the first cone I hit.

I personally don't like the look of the gsi spoiler and nor do I enjoy the look of the stock decklid sans spoiler. I could mod the cosy spoiler to be low slung on the deck lid as apposed to up that high.....just a thought. what say you?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you're looking for performance, think about beta swapping the engine. You'll be happy and its one of the most popular mods to be done an Accent.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Visionz
If you're looking for performance, think about beta swapping the engine. You'll be happy and its one of the most popular mods to be done an Accent.

I do want to do the swap, but if I do I will be in MOD class in auto x and I would stand a chance in ever winning an event. Right now I am just looking to do visual upgrades.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

well if you want to do AUTO X and still win shows this is what you should do. (ill be constructive instead of being a asshat)

tib rear disc break swap

xg350 BBK

rims

full suspention upgrades

nightshades the tail lights

that will be your looks/performance upgrades that will get you some notice. altierHP can help you source most of that stuff. just look at this accent for ideas this would be an accent done right/clean/mean

Old 05-19-2011, 09:57 PM

I agree...nice car. Thanks for the advice.