Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Modify my car fast.

Old 04-25-2002, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehehe
ok sorry

but, it really rains a lot here, and the city floods right away just after 5 minutes you get floods that get to half the wheel height.

last time it happened i got the car with the wheels fully covered...

so better stick with the short air intake?
Old 04-25-2002, 03:02 PM

It's installed right up before your MAP or MAF sensor, unless you sink your hood the AEM bypass should do the trick...but to guarantee that water won't get in you should probably convert to the short-ram style.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:02 PM

depending on if you find the right place and get a good deal you could modify your exaughst front to back and prolly still have enough money left over for an actual intake instead of a cone (then again im still useing just the cone after makeing a random special (got scared of water ingestion prolly gonna reinstall it again) but if your smart save a lil extra if possible and get a CAI or do the random special.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:34 AM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Z3R0:
depending on if you find the right place and get a good deal you could modify your exaughst front to back and prolly still have enough money left over for an actual intake instead of a cone (then again im still useing just the cone after makeing a random special (got scared of water ingestion prolly gonna reinstall it again) but if your smart save a lil extra if possible and get a CAI or do the random special.</div>I imagine that dude already spent the $300 since it was over a half year ago! tongue.gif
Old 02-08-2003, 06:19 AM

I live in washington state and it rains probably 9/12 months of the year here. I've had no problems with random special CAI at all, unless you are SINKING your front fender of the car in water it should be fine, and that shouldn't happen unless you are driving across a stream? or river? At no time does any road have enough water on it to go up to the fender, unless you drive into a puddle....and still the fender shouldn't be submerged, just the tire...the fender dips AFTER the tire goes into the hole, so the fender is past the hole.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:25 AM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

This post has came back to life two times now, and I think that's enough. Accent GSi hasn't had a post since September... of 2001. So this topic is now closed.