HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Cars rear end wanders?

Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Accent GL, 86 BMW 325es

I did have my family in the car yesterday, and it didn't wobble when we went around corners, didn't get the rattle either. Does having weight in the car and it making a difference mean anything specific?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It means your car* is light in the ass! laugh.gif

If the wandering bothers you, and you have already double-checked that everything from the lugnuts to the strut mounting nuts are tight and in good order . . . keep a couple bags of cement in the boot and forget about it. If you are having too much understeer, you might try to find a beefier rear antisway bar, but unless this is something you think will get you killed or you want to race, the expense may not be justified in the eyes of the Significant Other in your home.

*I owned a 2002 Accent 4-door for about 6 months, in addition to my Elantra. Compared to the Elantra, the handling sucked BIG TIME. I suspect it was because it's a lighter, smaller car with little tiny skinny tires, and it's tuned to understeer.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:41 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

i've got the back of my LC1 stripped out, sh*t's scary. it has snapped under hard cornering at around 35 mph before.

but because yours is inconsistent, i'd jack it up and look for broken components, loose springs, loose bolts, collapsed bushings, a binding bushing, busted wheel bearing?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:50 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

That is crazy, My Tib is completely gutted except for two front buckets, and a harness bar. lol I can toss that B around all day, except im running 215/45/16 Faulken Zx's there good but not great, there all season ties so you cant except alot, but there holding up great, try some wider sticker tires like a 215 or you can go all the way to a 225 with no rubbage unless your slammed like me, which probably is another reason mine sticks like it is on tracks, im like a whole 4 inchs off the ground, and the suspension was tuned by a shop on all corners, to be 5 lbs within each other.