Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   HELP Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/help-forum-21/)
-   -   Cars rear end wanders? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/help-forum-21/cars-rear-end-wanders-20566/)

EclipseMTL 07-01-2010 03:20 AM

Cars rear end wanders?

When I'm driving along, ONLY when I'm going left around a curve, my rear end feels like it doesn't want to follow the rest of the car, like it almost wants to keep going straight. It only does this kinda fishtailing when I'm going left, not right, and it gets more prominent with speed. Its really quite scary, especially when another car is next to you, and you feel like you don't have control of it. I took my car in Monday to get an alignment since I put new springs and struts on, hoping it would've fixed the problem somehow, but it didn't. It also did this before the new struts and springs were put on. Also, when I had it aligned, they replaced the outer front tie rod, saying it had some play to it. What should I check to see if somethings loose that may be causing this? Or is it some weird quirk with Accents?

187sks 07-01-2010 01:20 PM

Mine doesn't do anything like that.

You had them check the alignment for all 4 wheels? Not just a front end alignment right?

If it was me, I would put the rear end of the car up on jack stands and see if anything has excessive play. I would look especially carefully at the control arm bushings to be sure one isn't messed up. Also check to see if anything looks bent.

EclipseMTL 07-01-2010 01:40 PM

Yep, all four tires got checked. I'll do what you said and put her up on some stands and give everything a look over again. Thanks floyd!

HotBlue02 07-01-2010 04:12 PM

I have a simular issue on right hand turns but its only occasional, back ends feels like it wanted to continue straight but its only for a fraction of a second, havnt scared myself bad enough yet to get the rear end up an look.

187sks 07-01-2010 04:52 PM

Well if either of you gets it figured out be sure to post back to give others a place to start looking.

WytchDctr 07-01-2010 06:14 PM

friend of mine had an accent do something like that, bad bushing on a rear multlink thing.

HotBlue02 07-01-2010 09:29 PM

well looks like im kid free this weekend so if i dont sleep the mornings away (afternoons to hot) then i just might get to looking.

EclipseMTL 07-02-2010 07:18 AM

If you do get around to it, let me know what you find. I'm stuck pulling double shifts for everyone since no one wants to work.

HotBlue02 07-03-2010 12:37 AM

Well i lifted the back end up and went in with a rubber mallet. I looked at all the bushings and there good from what i can see. I beat on all the suspension components with said mallet and nothing seemed to be loose. So its still a mystery for me.

Stocker 07-03-2010 05:16 PM

Get a couple hundred pounds of junk (or a few bags of cement) in the trunk, and see if it still does it.