Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

RotorPros Group Buy

Old 07-19-2004, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mister_Sinister)</div><div class='quotemain'>You just started a group buy for RSide Adv. S.Throw Shifters...today??!!

I ordered one off of KSpec at around 1:15! evil.gif</div>

Cancel your order. It's starting tomorrow, I didn't get to start it today.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Odess... there are several colors available. Red and Blue are two of them. I will find out what other colors we can choose from.

HyundaiKitCoupe - if you want to have a rush order, instructions are above. You will need to add $10 to the price if 10 people have not yet been met. I'm not entirely sure how to tell if you have captive rotors or not, but I believe 97-98 and some 99's have them.

Things I need to know when you order:
If you have captive rotors (no extra charge)
If you want the rotors painted with hi-temp treated paint (extra charge)
If you want Drilled, Slotted, Dimpled, or any combination (no extra charge)
How you plan to pay (Paypal or Money Order). Prices are listed in first post.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:29 PM

I want to know weather or not i have captive rotors... cuz i have 99....
let me know about the colors smile.gif
and what kind of rotors are dimpled???
can it be all 3 of them?
Old 07-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Administrator

dimpled are the alternative to drilled. Drilled go all the way through the rotors, dimpled are like they sound, drilled into the rotor but not all the way through, just short dimple like holes. Some people prefer dimpled opposed to drilled because they fear the rotors breaking if they get drilled, and think that drilled rotors have decreased the quality and structure of the rotor itself.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

alright. i got it. captive rotors are a rare type of disc and hub assembly no car manufacturer used anymore except for hyundai. (reasons i don't know). you have to take your rim off and see whether or not your hubs have 4 large screws (not the lugs) bolted in them. if there are 4 large screws that means they are captive and an aftermarket rim will not be able to fit securely hence not fit at all. if they don't have 4 screws than they are non-captive and it's safe to put on aftermarket rims.

this is because hyundai probably thought that using a captive system, the 4 large screws would hold the entire hub together rather than the rim with its lugs (probably as a measure of safety/security/stability knowing hyundais standards weren't as good back then) take note that if you take the large bolts inside the hub out, the rotors will not be held in place.

if you really want to change your stock rims like i did, i suggest the best alternative. going to your trusted mechanic and upgrading your entire wheel hubs. it may be costly but i got a good deal on some used ones for $150 each and luckily only the front needed replacement.

if you are ordering captive rotors, you are probably just changing the rotors themselves without changing the wheels as well.

Majiktibs, thanks for the info! i'll look out for confirmations of at least 10 people here. and if time runs short i'm readyt to send away right away.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:44 AM

thanks for the info.

I guess, I will be gettin dimpled and slotted smile.gif
Old 07-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Odessit / HyundaiKit -- do either of you have captive rotors? Just curious.

I have a set of captive rotors, painted red, ready to ship out. They've never been used or installed, just used for display. They are the ones shown above, drilled and slotted. I can sell that set only for $200 shipped anywhere in the US. If you want them, you can grab them.

All of the 'shipped' prices are for in the US only.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

oooh, majik, as we speak my car is in the shop getting the captive rotors upgraded to non-captive so that my rims can be fitted properly. i'm getting it back tomorrow morning from my mechanic.

the display model is the model i want too! both drilled/slotted, painted red. too bad they're captive. i'll get back to you on this.

my question is, if captive rotors fit non-captive hubs. i'll ask my mechanic and will let you know asap because it would be a shame to turn this down if in fact i'm mixed up. thanks again for the update!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:18 AM

alright... me bein stupid like i am... i still do not understand all this captive non captive crapola..... i have a 2000 tib.... the rotors do have small screws in them.... but when i took my car to get the brakes worked on.... they took the screws out of one rotor... yes ONE rotor.... i believe its the front passenger side one.... no probs yet.... do i have captive or not?
Old 07-21-2004, 12:52 AM

yes...