Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

GB-Carbon Fiber Hatches for RD1 and RD2

Old 07-19-2010, 11:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Good idea Pat. I'm going to take these questions to Aldo and see if he will stop by and post as well as get us pics of the progress of the hatches. Thats a great idea man. I'll post up what I find out in the morning.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tib

Tibbytib,I'm glad you took this project under your wing, seems my last email request for a lower group # goes unanswered,..this is it. You know I am absolutley in the rd2 list lol.. , ..question. will the molds be shaved?, or have holes for wings and badges?,I hope no holes...
Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 PM

Regit: I dont think anyone mentioned that as a concern Regit, but I figured a clean slate is the best. They have not officially been ordered, so we could always have them leave holes for spoilers and rear wipers, but I initially asked them to be shaved with no holes or indentations for spoilers or wiper arms. If folks want to add those items, then they can drill their own holes for their custom applications.

Sweet! I figured you were on the list man!!! Post up officially your name and such:

Handle
Name
Model being ordered (RD1 or RD2)

I left a message with Aldo and wrote him an email. I have not heard back from him, so I will try again tomorrow. Maybe he wasnt in today or out for some other reason. I will make sure these questions are answered before we proceed.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:45 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Regit
Ron Meisner
RD2

Don't forget the rear recessed badge too,get her shaved!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Right on Regit!! Will do. Before we do the final order, I'm gonna compile everything discussed up to date and make sure they happen with the molds.

Just got a message from Aldo. I guess they have been very busy. He is going to stop by in the next day or two and say Hi, and I'm going to get back with him about all the Q's you guys have come up with.

Still waiting on a few of the folks signed up for the RD1's to get back to me concerning deposits and their time frame. I'm pretty sure once everyone is ready to make the depsoit, then we can get going on the order, at least for the RD1's. Meaning, its possible that these will get started in the next week or two!!!! Very exciting!!

Will keep you guys posted on whats going on.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

Update post number 7 or the main post so we can see the list of who is in. That way people know how many for each type.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:36 AM

^^Thanks for pointing that out man! Updated!

Going to get ahold of Supry and others who needed a few extra days to come up with deposits and see were they are. Going to call Aldo tomorrow and speak with him concerning the q's that came up and also see if we can go ahead and start the RD1 hatches. Aldo also said he'll be checking in on this thread and stop in and say hi so you all can meet him and ask him any questions you like.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Increased vendor interest was one of the big reasons to merge instead of closing RDT. Good work. Everybody be nice if they poke their head in and say hi, and you might end up with more than just the CF hatch.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:47 AM

^^ +1

UPDATE:

Supry is a confirmed RD1. So, that makes 5 for the RD1's!!! We have two members who need a little extra time to come up with the deposit money. Hang tight folks, we are seriously ALMOST there! Updating post #7.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:12 PM

RD2's where are ya?!?! Bumpin' this up for the weekend traffic!