Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

GB-Carbon Fiber Hatches for RD1 and RD2

Old 07-17-2010, 08:16 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon
Default GB-Carbon Fiber Hatches for RD1 and RD2

Ok folks, here we are at our new home on Hyundaiaftermarket.org, and we are moving in with a bang!!

This is the official sign up thread for the Carbon Fiber Hatches for RD1 and RD2 owners.

We will be working with Aldo at Body Kits Etc (bodykits.org).

Price: $699 + Actual Shipping Charges (these will vary between 90-125+. We ran a few zip codes all the way to the east coast and the most was 125)

PLEASE NOTE: This is a GROUP BUY price! Aldo especially wanted me to make this point clear. Once this order goes in, only the folks who ordered will get it at the 699 price. He said they will more than likely be closer to a 1000 or more after this group buy. So, good news, if we get this going, we WILL have carbon hatches available from a vendor for the RD1's and RD2's. But, only those who participate in this first group buy will get the group buy pricing of 699

Price includes:

**Them sourcing both RD1 and RD2 hatches for us.
**Molds
**Carbon Fiber Hatch

NO GLASS OR LEXAN! This will be up to the individual buyer on which route they want to go. All the vendors I found and spoke with go this route, and I even found companies selling carbon hatches for other various makes and models and all of THEM do not include Lexan, PLexi, or glass either.

Your obligation at this point:

Sign up with your handle, full name, and which hatch you need, RD1 or Rd2 In this format:

Handle: tibbytib
Name: Thomas Giomi
Model: RD1

50% deposit ($350) will be collected AS SOON AS we have 5 orders from EACH model. We need a total of 10 orders, 5 of each model to get these made. Once we hit that, I will send each one of you a PM on where to send the 50%. I may go ahead and collect it and then send it to Bodykits.org if folks are ok with that. Once we hit our goal, I will give the community 5 days to get on board if they want one. Then the group buy will be closed.

Ok, now its your turn people!! Lets get this done with a quick turn around! I want to get mine before the summer ends! Still a few car shows I want to enter at the end of the season!

**Last important point. DO NOT sign up if you are not committed. We will be counting on all individuals to follow through with their commitment, so be honest, not wishful. smile.gif Thanks!!! Lets get these done!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Patreezy
Ingyption Magician
RD1
Old 07-17-2010, 10:20 PM

Pat, U da mang! First one to commit!

Yep, I'm lookin at getting this thing done QUICK! No 4 month group buy here. I will not be collecting any deposits until we have our quota filled. So hang tight. If you know anyone who wants one of these, PM them and get them to this thread. I'm PMing everyone who posted on Regit's original post as a start. Plus, if we can keep this bumped up, that will help tremendously!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:53 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

i thought i would post here to let you know i am still very interested, but i wont have the money for 3 weeks.

2 week from now for the deposit, another week for the rest.

so if you guys get things assembled before then feel free to leave me out.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:58 PM

iheartmyrd - If you know you'll have the deposit in two weeks for sure, go ahead and put your name down and sign up man! I definitely want EVERYONE who wants to get in on this group buy a chance to get in! The rest of YOUR balance to receive YOUR hatch will come when the hatches start production, probably about a week or two after they get the deposit to begin the molds. So....Two weeks to save up for the deposit is fine, another two weeks to save up for the rest of the balance including your actual shipping cost. This will give folks a good month or two to be diligent and save to get a hatch

Hope that helps man!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

guys, I really want to be in this but my MAIN issue is how well these will fit. hate to say it but i want to see one of these installed before i commit to buy.

kinda gunshy right now after seeing fitment issues with a buddy civic hatchback . tailights not flush compared to OEM, taped holes in the wrong locations, etc. and that was from SEIBON.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:06 AM

You can wait Lee, but the price will be a lot higher. And, considering there really is only a handful of us RD guys spending money on our cars these days, if we all do not commit to get these done, then I think this project will finally R.I.P. Our group isnt like it use to be 3 years ago. Hell, a year ago.

As of right now we have for our group buy:

RD1:

1. tibbytib
2. Patreezy
3. Red97tib

MINIMUM ORDER HAS BEEN MET!!!!
Still taking extra orders to take advantage of the special group buy pricing of 699! Sign up ASAP!!!

RD2:

1. Regit

I'm sure Regit will be committed. He started the original thread. But.....so far no one has officially signed up for an RD2 or have replied to my PM's about getting funds together for an RD2 hatch.

WE NEED SUPPORT TO GET THESE DONE. I can totally understand wanting this to fit extremely well. Hell, I want mine to fit perfectly. But, I also understand that NO ONE is attempting to get these done except us. Period. No other companies, no other clubs.

I know 699 is a large amount to commit to something sight un-seen, but I think its the last big hoo-rah for this unique part. I've done all I can to get this setup for folks, now its the communities turn to step up. All in all, the decision you all make will be the right decision whether that translates into a unique and custom part for the few of us, or if we finally know that this project was a great idea that just wasnt suppose to happen. Its no longer in my hands, I can only support and encourage folks to make a decision they feel comfortable making.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:50 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

Red97tib
Greg Speer
RD1

I'm in.

Two quick questions:
First this will latch with OE hardware correct.
Second if we get 10 RD1 guys could we go that route if don't get enough RD2s and then reduce the price of sourcing 2 molds?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:25 PM

Red97!!! Right on man!! Aldo is giving us the best deal he can. When we first talked, the price was 699 with us sourcing and sending them the OEM hatches. Now, it is still 699 with them sourcing and getting the hatches.

BUT......Folks we are 1 away from having 5 for the RD1's. We need one more person. PM everyone you think might be interested in these. Once we hit 5, I'm going to call Aldo and see if we can get the RD1's on their way since we have hit 5 for their minimum order. Red97- great question about the latches. I'm assuming they will have OEM hardware, But, let me call and make sure they will. That is a definite must!!! Thanks for asking!

I'm going to contact Surpy and see which model he needs and when he can come up with the money. iheart needs a little extra time as well, so I'll let him get his funds together. I'm sure Supry will need a little extra time as well. Once we have 5 CONFIRMED WITH DEPOSITS for the RD1's, I will start the 5 day countdown, close the group buy for the RD1's, and will get the RD1's in production with bodykits.org

RD2's- Where are ya?!? LOL! I'm gonna contact Visionz and see what needs to happen to get a mass email out to the community here so everyone knows about this group buy. Meant to do that earlier, just been really busy.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Can we get the bodykits.org project lead on these forums perhaps? Or tom (tibbytib), will you be able to get pics from them throughout sourcing of stock hatch/moulding/production/fitment/and packaging? ..and be able to post them. i think I'd be more willing to pay up front if we had picture progress/proof.