Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Affordable Custom Lowering Springs For Autox And Drag.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This spring is custom made and tested for a specific application, it will be of much higher quality then mass produced performance springs (iE eibach, Tein, HKS), and is a little more affordable then most other custom made springs.
These springs are made of high quality, high tensile chrome silicon spring wire and then double shot peened and powder coated. They are manufacture to very close tolerances, and I will be working with the company to insure that these springs will be the best performing springs that you could get for your car.

The price will be set at $225 + shipping, which is very affordable for a custom set of springs built to stiffer AutoX specs.

Also when I bring in a Tiburon to develop these springs and get some test sets, whoever wants to test the springs for me will get a discount rate in this group buy, and also the first 3 people to sign up and pay for a spot in the group buy will get a $30 rebate as soon as they write a reveiw of the spring (good or bad).

Right now I am posting this to build up interest and get some ideas for specs from you guys. The company I am working with is currently busy manufacturing springs for me for the sr20forums so development of this spring will not be able to happen until august anyways, so I figure this gives us a little bit of time to mash out some numbers and see what some of you guys want in terms of spring rate and drop height.

I will not even begin to think about taking in a car and getting a couple test sets made up for you guys to beat the heck out of untill I have at least 10-15 interested persons. I do not mean interested as in "maybe I'll get a set sooner or later," I mean interested as in "Hey if you get out a couple test sets and the people like them, I have cash in hand ready to buy a finished product."

I will mention this however, due to the limitations in most struts, I wouldn't think that we'd want the spring rate to go much higher then 325 (about as much as a set of KYB AGXs can handle)

I looked and looked and could not find stats for the Eibachs, but if they are anything like what I've seen for most little 4 banger coupes, the spring rate is probably around or lower than 170 front and 200 rear.

Keep in mind that I am going to try and please as many people as I can, but I can only get springs made to 1 specification. If there are some wildly varied answers, we will have to try to find a middle ground, or go with the majority.

Start discussing biggthumpup.gif
Old 06-17-2006, 09:15 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm in - *money in hand*

check elantra forums for more hits as well! Some years use the same springs.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:22 AM

Great! I will check the Elantra forums too. Is there a better one then the subforum off of hyundaiperformance.com? That one looks dead.

Also do you have any input on the specs?
Old 06-17-2006, 06:48 PM
DTN

I don't have any input as far as engineering goes. I'm a tech as far as just about everything goes. Give me a pre-existing system and i can analyze, evaluate, calibrate, align, maintain, and make changes, but to start from scratch is not my forte'.

But... here is a link to the links section of the DFW Hyundai owner's club I was a part of. They have links to every other forum dealing with Hyundais. Tiburons, Sonatas, elantras, pretty much everything.

http://www.dfwhyundais.com/component/optio...apper/Itemid,8/

edit: may as well post them here so everyone can see.
<span style="font-family:Verdana">Elantra: </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Elantra XD</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Elantra Club</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Drivers & Believers Hyundai Elantra GT</span> -<span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Mail List</span><span style="font-family:Verdana">
Tiburon: </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">RD Tiburon</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">New Tiburon</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Club Tuscani</span><span style="font-family:Verdana">
Sonata: </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Sonata Speed</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Sonata Forums <span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">(brand new in December 2005!)</span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana">
Tucson: </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Hyundai Tucson Club</span> - <span style="font-family:Verdana">Hyundai Tucson Forum</span><span style="font-family:Verdana">
Santa Fe: </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Santa Fe Forum</span><span style="font-family:Verdana">
<u>Multi-Platform:</u> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Seoulful Racing</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Hyundai Kia Forums</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Edmunds Forums</span><span style="font-family:Verdana">
</span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Hyundai Aftermarket</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Hyundai Performance</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Hyundai-Forums</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Hyundai Forum</span><span style="font-family:Verdana">
</span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Streetkiaz</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana">Kia-Forums</span><span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span>
Old 06-19-2006, 04:22 PM

Thank you I will check with those forums to try and get more interested people.

As of right now I'm just waiting on my Sentra springs so I will keep everyone updated as I find out more.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I replied in the other thread.

I will <u>only</u> be interested if they are for drag racing and autocross. Therefore they must have a higher spring rate and only a 1" to 1.2" drop.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:39 PM
DTN

^^ How about a comfortable medium between stiff road and drag?
Old 06-20-2006, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i might be in for a full drag setup
Old 06-20-2006, 04:00 PM

same here. i can only have a small drop which is why i was going to go with eibach. unless i find a real good deal on some eibachs i may get these
Old 06-20-2006, 04:24 PM
DTN

I'm game either way, i need a stiff suspension and am getting pissed at the takeoffs with my stock springs.