General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Lack of published articles on Hyundai

Old 05-06-2001, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah just check for me next year. ill be the one with the fastest elantra..hopefully..in the us. and i just bought my wife the furniture she wanted so she has stopped naggin me about my project and its 100% go.im so excited. but next year it should be a Hyundai year in 2002.
Old 05-06-2001, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Toneboogie...yeah I'm in the same boat as you. It all depends on time. I have SOOOO much to get done before the NOPI show. I have to suicide my doors, shave my door handles, cut out my roof and install a Targa Top, mold my spoiler with the hatch, and finally do a full PPG Chameleon paint job. Plus if the finances work out...hopefully a new set of either 19's or 20's. So much to do and so little time to do it all in! rolleyes.gif
Old 05-06-2001, 05:50 PM

LO&SHOW... did you get my mail?
Old 05-07-2001, 01:36 AM

Hyundai owners have to make aname for themsleves. When I hit the street races with my elantra alot ofpeople laughed at me and talked alot of S*&^. After spanking a few civics and even a Mr2 one night I got some respect and a need for speed. Thats when i started modding up the intake exhaust and NOS kit . When you take a Hyundai to the streetsaround here and spank a 5.0 you get much respect. And this is the type of respect we all have to gain. Wait till i hit the track with the turbo set up and trip some nice numbers. I will promise to domy best to Make all Crooked H's around the globe proud! Keep your eye out I might be at your local track soon!!!!!>
Old 05-07-2001, 05:11 AM

The great thing about my home town is that even though its a good size (about 80 000 people give or take depending on the School season), Hyundai's are very rare. Our dealer doesn't have much of a reputation (actually it sucks). My previous car was a 89 Ford Probe and I would see at least one other on the road every day. I bought my 2001 Tiburon from Vancouver and drove back home.

EVERY day I see people stopping and looking at my car as I work inside my video store. They cup their hands over the glass to pear inside. Some actually walk in and ask who drives it. I say me and look at me oddly ("How can a video store guy afford that?").
In a 12 month period, I have seen maybe four other Tiburon in town, mostly 1st generation cars. You just don't see them around. Every time people talk to me about my car, they always start with the same question: "What is that?" It doesn't even occur to them that this sleek stylish car is a Hyundai. I love this car...
Old 05-08-2001, 01:48 PM

So how would everybody feel if everytime you looked around all you saw were modded out Hyundais? Then we'd be just like the Honda's! Everywhere you turn there's another Honda. The only benefit of having a zillion Tiberons out there would be all the aftermarket parts. But if you look at it there are really just a few parts and a million different companys offering them. We have a few companys offering CAI's exhausts, body kits, turbos, etc. What more do we need. I'd rather have people stop, stare and ask questions about my car then just say "Oh there's another modded out Hyundai". But then again my other car is a TVR.
Old 05-08-2001, 07:24 PM

BOOYAA!! That's what I'm talking about! Good point. I agree %150. Someone drove in front of my video store with a tuned-up Civic. I thought, "nice"...but its still a civic. Must be over a thousand of them in town. My mom drives one."

Tiburons? I know of only four or so 1st gens and 3 2nd gens...to which my car is the only 2001. I love the looks I get.

When I pull a shift at the store. I get two people asking about it every day...I have parked my car in front of the store more than 20 times now. Every time. Some even come in only to ask who drives it. Damn it feels good. I wouldn't get that with the Celica...people know what that is.
Personally, I think the Tiburon is perfect for variety. Not too little. Just enough for distinction. I like the side skirts and the Zefiro wing. That's my dream. Still...I would have liked ONE article on a magazine on tuning it.
Old 05-11-2001, 03:29 PM

damn yo, i feel mad like energized and stuff. yo im da same way as slipstreem man. people always look at my car, even as im drivin i see other guys turn their heads. i hate civics cuz they're so played out. and when i see another tiburon on the road which is rare, i always throw my hands up man. it feels like a brotherhood kind of. but hyundai has a bad rep, cuz once u tell them its a HYUNDAI, they're like rEALLY??? then they look down upon it. but wutever man, we'll rise one day...
Old 05-12-2001, 11:26 PM

This is what it comes down to. This is the breakout year for hyundai. With the showing we had at carlise. Yuri's tiburon being represented on speedvision. The hyundais that MHP was representing at HIN. We are making serious progress. The 2002 Tibs are coming out this year. The new elantra GT is coming out hopefully this year. Let the import tuners and sport compact car magazine keep showing hondas, because they are obviously behind the curve. We are among the fastest selling car company in the import segment. Just remember NOPI, is where it all comes together. Just keep entering your cars in the shows. When we get a hyundai on the cover of import tuner or SCC. We have arrived!