General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Lack of published articles on Hyundai

Old 05-05-2001, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of published articles on Hyundai

I have flipped through many magazines on tuning and modifying cars. All of them that contain articles on Sport Compacts NEVER seem to talk about Hyundai's. Why? Is there a mag that reports on these cars at least semi-occasionaly? Seems like most of them just deal with Japanese cars like Supras and Civics. I mean Hyundai has a very respectable racing history and it does very well in many races. Its never even been in any version of Sony's Gran Turismo. What gives?
Old 05-05-2001, 04:58 PM

That is where we come in my man.....make the way for the KDM and let the world know that Korean Import isn't just an underdog, but a world wide strong house.
Got to go take your rides to car shows and let the public see that you can customize and power tune Hyudais to meet and even out class some of the favored Japanese Imports. It is all up to us, there is just a very few club that is just about Korean Import and we have to represent and get recognition, from other clubs and mags so that Korean Import Tuning can be shown to the public.
Old 05-05-2001, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

There are video games with Hyundai's in them. However, they are all Ralley games, as that is where Hyundai has had most of it's world wide racing success.

Ditto for die cast models and plastic models of cars.

If you want to see a hyundai on the pages of super street, Sport Compact Car, or your favorite mag, chances are, YOU'VE got to do it. Think about it. How many show quality, magazine quality Hyundai's do you know of? You've got to make a name for yourself and your car before you will see the cars in the magazines.

Also. Keep in mind...NUMBERS COUNT!!!! There is a HUGE tuning scene for Hondas, Mazda's and Toyotas (just to name a few), so if they do a big write up on a Supra, all the supra folks will buy that issue. If they did a write up on a Hyundai, we simply don't have enough owners who are into the scene to buy the issue. It all boils down to money man...
Old 05-05-2001, 06:06 PM

I seem to stand taller now from your comments..almost wish we had a theme song to march to smile.gif

Yet, I see so many great cars on these pages, with modifications that would make a TRD Supra blush. Its not the recognition that bugs me, its just the opinion it seems by a lot of these "tombs" that Hyundai's are not worthy of their pages. The fact that the Hundai Tiburon of Accent are not in Gran Turismo 3 I found to be a personal slap in the face. Come on folks, it had Diahatsu for darn sakes. smile.gif

[ May 06, 2001: Message edited by: Slipstream ]
Old 05-05-2001, 10:32 PM

yeah we have to make it on our own. my car will be on someones cover next summer. im going to win some car shows next summer also. im in the works right now trying to get this PROJECT 300WHP going. just buying peice by peice and stuff. but yeah until we start making a name for ourselves and buying stuff we will always be look down on. sad.gif
Old 05-06-2001, 02:43 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I mihgt be getting my car in either Import Tuner or Import Racer come August during the NOPI show. I spoke to a the editors of those magazines and they sent me back letters saying they were very interested in seeing my car at the NOPI show. I don't know if that meant they were gonna photograph it for the magazines or if they just wanted to see my car. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif Either way, at least we're all starting to get some recognition little by little. There were a TON of Hyundai's at the Carlisle show and I think that's gonna make a huge impact on the sport compact scene now.
Old 05-06-2001, 04:33 AM

Lo and Show, is that a real pix of your ride or is it a photo chop?
Old 05-06-2001, 04:51 AM

Granted, I have only been a proud member of this troupe for just over a month, but I have never seen such a supportive group in such a small number of people before. My previous car was a 1st Generation Ford Probe--More web sites, but most all dedicated to the second generation GT. Here's, its all Hyundai, all the time...and for a car you don't often see on the road. At least in my town. I am one of only three 2nd gen Tiburons here (and the only 2001 in a population of over 80K), and I get heads turning every day (a topic for another forum).

I think whenever anyone spots even the smallest article on a Hyundai, they should let us all know. This all started when I flipped though all these magazines on the shelf mentioned and noticed not one contained a Hyundai.

AvanteR, 2000Lo&ShowTibby, or anyone else, make sure, you let us know when these magazines run articles on your cars...gotta make a note to buy those issues. Remember...I said "When" not "If".

[ May 06, 2001: Message edited by: Slipstream ]
Old 05-06-2001, 09:14 AM

Yeah I want to be notified of any new Hyundai articles also.

I have just wrote into Car and driver and asked them what their deal was promoting the cars that they do and not given our sharks the proper respect
Old 05-06-2001, 10:48 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, 2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road

Give me a few months after the site launches and we should get some well-deserved recognition. smile.gif