FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Type S Rear Bumper 1996-1999 In Fg

Old 10-23-2005, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^yeah, that pilsbury cookie cutter won't cut anything for us.

i'd mold it in, add some curves, mold the sides to curve down a bit near the rear wheels. the cut outs for gutter mesh is so rice. i would make it like an ath rear bumper but make it match to the curves of our cars as well.

the king rear bumper is cool but it's missing something at the bottom. thanks speedblind for helping us and posting that image up man.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:14 PM

yeah i dont like that one that is posted.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:41 AM

thats randoms old bumper..
its the zefiro rear
Old 10-24-2005, 01:03 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Animal I just got a wireless plug in for my Xbox. Halo2 time b****, PM me your info and shtuff.

I dont know guys, I think we might be able to get some ideas for that rear, but I dont know if enough people would make it worth it. Pretty much assume, that unless I can get at least 10 items sold, its not really worth making. I am talking about the life of the product, only 10 sold would be enough to keep me happy. I shouldn't make so many parts without considering if they'll sell well overall. I shouldn't but I do it anyway sometimes. Mainly just when it helps me for something I want, lol, but thats just me being selfish. Its kinda easy to want a lot when you have both gens to modify. One Street, one full drag (with full interior). I want that widebody 2nd gen kit BAAAD.

But hey, I could be way wrong about this bumper, it could do well. I dont really like the cadamuro hoods, lol, but whatever, if you guys do then I'll make it. Whatever it is. So give me whatcha got and we'll make it happen.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:43 AM

as Jaws stated....this was Random rear bumper, I inherited this rear bumper along with his car....but its not a Zefiro...I do have a Zefiro rear bumper portion as well as Zefiro side skirts.....but I dunno what this rear bumper is a copy of....all I know is that it was a prototype of some sort....either way I am just putting options out there...cause as of now we really dont have many options for a decent and clean rear end for the RD1...
Old 10-24-2005, 04:50 PM

Speedblind, we can use your help with that bumper.

chris, i think people who have shown interest will start 'er up and then regulars will come in for the occasio because the main reason why they're not selling off the bat is because people don't have the money to spend. but once some money is saved up then it's all go from there.

i think if Speedblind sends you the bumper, you can modify it to everyone's liking. i dislike the lines coming in from both sides into the license plate insert, but that can easily be flattened out and you can fill in the bottom half to make it curvy or something.

i did this in like 5 mins, but it shows what i'm talking about with the bottom half. something like this would look very nice i think... but unless we don't share our ideas then nobody will agree on anything.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:44 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Nice sketches fing02.gif

They got me thinking about alternatives to the Type-R side-skirts. How about a slightly beefier/lower single-scooped skirt? I reckon it'd really suit the Type-S bumper Chris is working on.

Kinda like this...

I'm still thinking about what could be done about the rear.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:08 PM

Well here is one quick idea....lets just photochop the hell out of that rear bumper & see what we come up with as a group....with time I hope something good will evolve....we can use this rear bumper as the base and once we got something good I will donate it to FlyRyde to get us production on the final concept...
Old 10-24-2005, 10:57 PM

Maybe, with grooves on the sides to give it some style and support. the bottom would just be filled in and carved out. speedblind, i agree we should photochop and vote and have chris give us feedback on if it would be possible to create and have at production for this idea. this is what i'm imagining it to be like. no unnecessary vents, just pure sleek body. thanks Oz!! Would be better if it weren't late at night.

i think we should have a vote you know, a poll or something. that is of course if chris can make it using a host bumper. hail.gif

the side skirts, yes yes, i saw that pic before Oz! i love those sideskirts, however notice in that pic of the white tiburon how the front near the fender they don't come down the front all the way. if we could get a mold of the stock skirts and have them dropped a little bit and curved up into a oval shaped vent on the side that would be simple and neat. i would like the styling of both the skirts and bumper to be as much european as possible.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Oz, make the scoop angle down and mesh into the natural curve of the tibby that's in the door, basically the type R skirts, but without the middle lump, and hung lower.

HKC spice that bumper up, it looks too much like stock. I personally like the look of pods