External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Single Wiper Arm

Old 05-16-2001, 01:39 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Just throwing my opinion in, so I don't mean to offend anyone if I do. But the single wiper arm is a bit too ricey. Almost all the Honda and Acura peeps do it. If you're looking for an inexpensive mod, then go for it! But if you're looking to stand apart from the usual import crowd, you can either shave your wipers and never drive in the rain (yeah right), or you could create a wiper cowl. Just get a long sheet of plastic, heat it up and bend it so it wraps around your wipers, prime, paint, clear coat, get some 3M tape, and slap that sum bitch over your wipers.

Old 05-16-2001, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only one problem with that if you do not have the right tools (good heat gun, sharp razor blade) you could be spending money for not not to mention if you do not bend it the right way with the right tools and use your fingers you will leave finger prints in the plastic for good or you will get waves in the plastic. Good idea thow but it could be alot of work for not ya know.
Old 05-16-2001, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Jaws..yeah it is a tough modification if you're gonna make one from scratch, but if you succeed in making it, it'll look pretty sweet, and of course different than the usual. You wouldn't have to get as extensive as what you saw in that pic. Just a basic cover to hide the wipers. It would give your car a smoother look. I was actually thinking about shaving my wipers all together, but I don't want to take the chance of getting stuck in the rain somewhere. So instead, I'm just gonna smooth over the factory cowl under the wiper arms. I'm gonna take that piece out and make my own one out of sheet metal, then smooth and paint it. I made one for my buddy's Honda so it sholdn't be too hard for a Tibby.
Old 05-16-2001, 01:59 AM

Take the wipers of SHAVE EM that's why god invented rain-ex lol
Old 05-16-2001, 02:10 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Jaws99:
Take the wipers of SHAVE EM that's why god invented rain-ex lol

Rain - X..hehehe rolleyes.gif *lol*

L8TR......
Old 05-16-2001, 02:46 AM

Hey Lo&show I'd like to see the pics of that when you're finished, sounds pretty cool! smile.gif
Old 05-17-2001, 04:03 AM

How do u remove the wipers? They're covered can u pry that off with a flat head screw driver? If anyone could post steps to the conversion I'd love it... Thanks
Old 05-17-2001, 04:10 AM

Ok the driver side one first take a 10mm socket(I beleive it's 10mm if not it's 11mm) take the bolt of, then grab ahold of the wiper itself and lift it as if you were going to clean the windsheild while doing that wiggle it by lifting up and down and it will pop off without using a screwdriver same with the passanger side only difference is the plastic cover over the bolt that you can pop off with a small straight head and that's it. Hope that helps.
Old 05-17-2001, 04:11 AM

Oh forgot to mention you have to have the hood open to get to the screws but still do the steps I gave ya. Without the hood open you can't get to the screws all that easy.