External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Single Wiper Arm

Old 05-14-2001, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Wiper Arm

Does anyone know where you can order the Single wiper arm... I've seen them around but I don't know where to find them.Would love it if someone knew anything about them.

- Does anyone know how to change the color of the wiper arms? Can u spray paint it? If so how?

Old 05-14-2001, 12:41 AM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

You can convert your existing wipers to a single wiper.
I think it involves putting the drivers side wiper on the passenger side and changing the angle of it.

Someone on FXtreme has done it.
Old 05-14-2001, 03:51 AM

It's an easy mod Crooked H Gave me the info all you have to do is put the drivers blade on the passenger side and adjust it to wipe both sides place a tape on the windshield to mark your spots,then prime it, paint it, our done
Old 05-14-2001, 05:22 AM

Painting the arms is one mod I suggest everyone does they look like blauh after a year I painted mine silver but anyway make sure when you get paint to do it (paint the arm) use good stuff and a good clear coat so it withstands the elements, temp, and the washer fluid using chezzy paint will just result in repainting every year.
Old 05-14-2001, 08:16 AM

What about adding a wiper to the back? My Shark didnt come with one. Url's will be fine... smile.gif
Old 05-14-2001, 10:12 PM

I'm sure you can do it but you need to get a cart and go to the bone yard for the parts get some wire for the power and a drill with a 1/2 inch drill bit to put the hole in your hatch for the arm.
Old 05-15-2001, 07:25 AM

Yeah, I'm also pist off that I completely forgot about the rear wiper when I bought my shark. So how big of a job is installing a rear wiper? Has anyone already accomplish this project yet??
Old 05-15-2001, 10:25 PM

I would imagine that if you hooked it up to say a toggle switch it wouldn't be that hard but if you were going to get the factory switch and wiring and do it threw all the factory stuff i.e. fuse block etc. it might be a little harder and alot of testing of wires as for installing the arm it's self that would be the easy part just go to the bone yard get the arm and the motor and even take a picture of how it comes off so you know where to put your screws so you don't come threw the trunk then take it home drill a hole out for the knob to come out to connect to the wiper arm and bolt up the motor you could just do the install of the arm if you just want the look (hint,hint) or you can go all the way and make it functional it all depends on how much work you want to do and your knowledge of electronics (power,ground,relays,etc) Please don't think I am insullting you brain or you but I am just giving you an idea of what needs to be done thats all. hope this helps
Old 05-16-2001, 12:26 AM

how do you change the on the front wiper blade to make the single blade conversion?
Old 05-16-2001, 12:58 AM

remove both arms (two bolts at the bottom I beleive they are 10mm then take the passanger side wiper and put it on the driver side motor do not tighten, turn your wipers on to see if where you placed the wiper will cover the whole window keep adjusting until you can get the most of the window and the bolt it back down. Don't think if your wiper is somewhat up you did something wrong it must be up to get most of the window it will probably have to sit at a 45 degree angle for best results.