External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

phorq's tib can finally see

Old 11-16-2003, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it took a while, but they're in. and they look sweet as hell. thanks blacktibs!

here's some more tidbits to add.
the headlights that i transfered in were shipped to me from Redzman, and he got them from who-knows-where. when i took them apart, i noticed the projector housings were completely different. one was very solid and had no openings around the bulb, while the other has posts that hold the lens and was very open. (driver side solid, pass side open) once installed, i assume they're Kspec, since the beam pattern is
_________/----------

AND, the driver side had this very weird plug/box thing that went into the bottom back of the housing, which my old lights did NOT have. there's a place to plug in some sort of harnss, but it doesn't connect to anything on the inside. so i left it in, not connected to anything, due to the fact there was nothing in my car to connect to it, because it wasn't in my old headlights at all.

now here's the bad part.
after getting everything done, i go to turn on my lights and most of the lights on the LEFT side of my car won't come on. and my interior lights won't come on either, including my speedometer.
out--vs.--working
driver corner light---blinker works
little extra light below driver corner---
driver tail---brakelight works fine
left liscense plate light---but the right one works
dash lights and power window lights---but the dome lights, cruise light, dash blinker light,
AC button light and stereo work.

i checked about half the fuses under the hood and under the dash, and of the ones i checked, they were fine. i'll check the rest tomorrow in the light. the haloz were connected straight from the battery, to a switch, back to the haloz. i didn't touch any of the car's wiring except to unplug and replace the light sockets to remove the bumper.

anyone have this problem before? electrical problems are the biggest PITA to deal with.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:51 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default phorq's tib can finally see

Looks nice! I need to hurry and get my new haloz from blacktibs. wink1.gif

BTW Phorq, I will be driving through your town in about a month. Not in the Tib though... 02.gif
Old 11-16-2003, 08:28 PM

Are you going to drive with them on or just when you're parked?
Old 11-16-2003, 08:46 PM

the pics make them look much redder than they really are. i'll drive with them on. they're not too far off from turn signal color. they're the same color that i had as city lights for the past 1.5 years with no hassle.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I wanna see with the headlights on!!!!! Looks amazing dude! shipping him a set of headlights tomorrow >;-]
Old 11-17-2003, 10:08 AM

phorq, those boxes you don't know about, they could be for the auto aiming device that the europeans (and maybe koreans) got, where we mave to manually aim our headlights they have some device that actually adapts to road conditions and continually aims them perfectly, though it can be switched to a manual setting too.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (tibwrcsbj)
phorq, those boxes you don't know about, they could be for the auto aiming device that the europeans (and maybe koreans) got, where we mave to manually aim our headlights they have some device that actually adapts to road conditions and continually aims them perfectly, though it can be switched to a manual setting too.

those asses, always getting the cool stuff. they look very good phorq, and your electrical problem is a fuse...99.999999% sure.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:13 PM

is he actually putting them in the lamps now? beacause i don't want to tear up my light for this mod.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:16 PM

Are there any headlight fuses in the that box in the engine compartment?

BTW.. have you seen the new fuses with the built in LED that tell you when the fuse has blown? A little pricy at almost three bucks for two.. but I think it might be a worthwhile thing to have... especially since I have never blown a fuse in the day.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Solo, I can help you out with them if you need it. I did mine pretty quick. It is a first gen though, so not quite as hard.