External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Orange or Amber Haloz????

Old 10-23-2004, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS: Turbo Manifold

Ok, i was going to paint my car blue but decided to go with something less common. Im going to paint my car orange, what i need to know is what color haloz you guys think will look better with this orange color.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/514552

Im thinking about a orange close to that color, which haloz will look better ? orange or amber? Im thinking of doing a dual setup so it will either be white/orange or white/amber . let me know what you guys think. thanks
Old 10-23-2004, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Eclipse Manifold..

amber. go w/ a lil contrast. dont' want the same thing throughout...
Old 10-23-2004, 08:40 PM

Default Re: FS: stock Exhaust

Im gonna have to say AMBER.

I have orange in my uninstalled haloz, AMBER looks so much nicer.

Im just waiting on blacktibs to send me some of his LEDS so i can swap out the orange for amber before i install them.

if you have clear corners, go to www.superbrightleds.com and pick up a set or two of the 19 led amber NARROW angle 1157's. they are a VERY VERY close match to the amber that chris uses.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Need Turbo Advice!!

thoes lights are for my corners/blinker lights right?

you think it will look better with clear corners and amber lights or leave the stock cover and get amber lights?

also now that i am getting the amber haloz should i get white/amber or blue/amber? i was going 2 get wire set 2 so i could drive around w/ the white on the entire time and then whenever i wanted switch on the amber ones. that way i dont get pulled by a cop.... What do you guys think?

I guess i could also get wire set 3 and get the dual amber/orange haloz... but then i would most likely only use whichever one i liked more.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:01 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: FS : 97 Tiburon BC-CA

I just wanted to mention that white haloz would look good on you car too man. I sugggest white/amber haloz. I think that the amber/orange combo could look pretty weird, what with you car being orange and all.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Blue and Amber Haloz

I personally am going to try out both the Amber/White combo and also the Blue/Amber combo.....looking at the pics in the amber/blue thread, that would pretty much give you 3 colors, the normal 2 of course, but when both are on, they look (at least in the pics) like a blueish/purple white.

yes the 1157s are for your corners. Go w/ clears and LEDs and you'll be very happy. BTW, they WILL blink fast, but you'll get used to it. I actually don think I could switch back now, the stock blinkers are SOOOOO SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW. ;-)
Old 10-25-2004, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Timing Belt

err, wrong post but, i have a question anyway. do the leds look good in the stock corners?
Old 10-25-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Re: FS: Turbo Manifold (Now with pics)

I happen to think that they look great in clear corners, I have narrow angle amber leds in my clear corners, and they ARE narrow angle......but they are bright as hell from the cone that you can see them from. I also sent REDZ a pair of WIDE angle ones, and hes very pleased with them. He also has them in his clear corners.

I really wouldn't recommend putting them in your STOCK corners though. I just dont think it'd look right, and i didn't switch to LEDs in the front until after I put on my clears.....So i really dont know how they'd look. Wide angle 19 LEDS might look ok, and so might the EXPENSIVE 24 led ones.