External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Body Work Pics.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my tib to a bodyshop over in Tucson Az. on my 21st b-day. My dad and I are paying for it. It will end up costing around $5k... I know it's a lot, but I think it'll be worth it at the end. They even lended me a Honda Civic 2004 while they work on my tib. I decided to go with the same color as Mad_John (XA Hyundai Paint Code). THANKS MAD_JOHN FOR YOUR PICS OF YOUR NEW PAINT JOB AND PAINT CODE!! hail.gif

The bodyshop is called National Auto Collition Centers. They are molded the skirts onto the body after makeing it fit. They also had to do a lot of cutting and fiberglassing to get the skirts to fit, that's what i get for buying from ED.

Here are some pics of the sideskirts and a few dings that i had on the fenders.

Hopefully they will be done by next weak, if i'm lucky enough, cause they still have to mold the rear pods to the bumper and fill in the gaps inbetween the headlights and the bumper, then they have to paint the interior, get it back all together, then at last the exterior, and do all the last steps of getting ready after paint to get it to shine and look good... so maybe, if i'm lucky they will be done by the end of november. 02.gif
Old 11-14-2006, 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Lookin good man.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

It should look sweet but 5K! I always thought that bodyshops Stateside were much cheaper than over here. That's about what some bodywork & a full new-colour respray would cost here too.

Be sure to post pics once it's all done mate fing02.gif

Edit*: I just noticed that only one of the side-skirts' vents is open. Are they leaving the other side filled-in?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:48 PM

^^^ Will do! And thanks for the replay! Oh, and for the airvents it is open cause i was showing the guy doing the job that they had to spray inside the vent cause the sideskirt is ontop of the original one, and I dont want it to stay orange inside there. The other one is covered buy paper.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Good bodywork by a decent shop costs that much. The paint my dad got done on my Corvette was $5k (in 1982 owned.gif ) 25 years later still has more shine than any paintwork done around here at those 1500 dollar shops.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^^ Then maybe that's why the skirts didn't fit properly. If they are the same as the ClubGTR/Newstyle skirts, the stock skirts are meant to come off first. It would've been better to paint the area behind the vent black before moulding the skirt.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:08 PM

^^^ Well the thing is they were too big, and if i took of the original ones, they would look crappy. But it's true that the inside would have to be painted before molding the skirts. owned.gif
Old 11-14-2006, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

tiburons gutted look mad hell sweet. they look like ferrari bodies.

looks hot man, but just one thing. that's a lot to pay for something that will get damaged in a matter of months. happy birthday bro but on your 22n'd you'll be all bummed out it's got dings, cracks, and stone chips.

i'm happy though, it looks and will look a ton better and is definitely worth the investment. although 5k, i would have spent it on a supercharger. (reason for that is because S/C is lower maintenance and ok for DD.

definitely show some pics! my dad's elantra is the same color as Mad_johns, it never gets old.

oh yeah,
25 years later still has more shine than any paintwork done around here at those 1500 dollar shops.

that really depends on where you live, how you drive, and what your paint goes through. i take your word, but just pointing out. my paint went out because i waxed it hundreds of times and we get LOTS of leaves here so it's always dusty and dirty.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^ You mean they're not ferrari bodies??? 02.gif

Looks good LNHeart!! You sticking with your CF hood?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:20 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ not the engine haha... but just the shape of the position and shape of the fenders along with the wider rims. i've done some car models and it's definitely cool to look at the frame without the body shell.

if you hadn't seen all thise parts and gadgets under there you wouldn't have known you had them! smile.gif