Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Will this cause problems / danger with intake???

Old 09-05-2002, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My splash guard ending up ripping of my bumper. eek! I guess it was from all the taking it off to put the KORE cai intake on I got from Bat Lord, and also the custom grill I put in on my front bumper. If it is a nice day, then it is beneficial to your intake, but on a really bad rainy day, I wouldn't drive it alot. But if you plan on getting a body kit, I wouldn't worry about it too much because alot of body kits don't fit right with them there anyway, well the body kits that replace your whole front bumper.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Hmmm, good call, I forgot about the belts.
Old 09-06-2002, 04:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tib , along with the dangers already listed, removing the guards under the car exposes the more "sensitive" parts to weather and debris.

I mention this everytime this topic is brought up...

One of our members removed his weatherguards, and while driving on the freeway, some debris popped up into the engine bay, cut a fuel line, and the leaking fuel ignited. Enigine bay fire on the GoldenState Freeway!

Leave the guards where they're supposed to be; you're not going to see any gains or increase in flow by taking them off, anyway.