Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What Do You Want For Normally Aspirated Power?

Old 05-25-2005, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Quad Throttle body = ITB.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:21 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

so far i've ran the stock alpha, the almost stock beta,the modified beta and nitrous in my accent
i won't do any comments on the 1.5 except that it was quite economical

the almost stock beta was quite fun flat torque curve and not that much expensive
(aluminium flywheel and crank pulley,custom 3" CAI,custom mandrel bent 2.5" cat back and a 4-2-1 header (KEY's) this set up gave me 14.68 et's after a few runs
added a 35hp wet nitrous shoot to it (clutch didn't want to accept more then that and even at 35hp i have some slippage) this gave me 13.88 et's
i now added an air ram,some cams and the smt-6 car feels and runs much stronger but no time slip yet i would seriously like to add a ported head and some block work to it. .maybe this winter if time let me do it

building up my turbo kit for this summer also

all those set-ups are reliable,car was daily driven for over 4 years in it's modified state without any problems,money was concern in all cases i went with what my budjet let me do so i used the step by step approach
now the preferences,
the alpha didn't have any performance in stock form planned to turbo it but went to the beta swap instead
stock beta swap, car was running very nice, nice street manners,nice fuel economy but i wanted more
with nitrous it became quite addictive i didn't want to have/need to refill the bottle twice a week it'S one thing i really hate of nitrous, it sure is a quite "cheap" solution for more HP but in the end you end up paying the same price (kit itself, installation,refills) then a solid N/A set up wich doesn't require refilling
modified beta car is a bit more hard to daily drive (thanks to a stiff and grippy clutch) but can outrun a few v8 around town so only for that you just have to love it ;-)
turbo set-up, again i want more,for now i'll be boosting the stock engine and see how much i can pull from it before adding pistons
Old 05-26-2005, 07:30 AM

I have quite a bit of the N/A mods already. I'm going to work on the outside of the car now. I already got a few parts and maybe, some time in the future, I'll go turbo. I'm very patient and in no hurry at this point.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:32 AM

^^^ what do you have?
Old 05-26-2005, 08:22 AM

Pretty much everything N/A without going into the interals and have been at this point for a while already. I'm very satisified with my car and I'm not interest in becoming the fastest or anything like that.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:23 AM

compared to other cars around like civics and what not, could you beat them with ease or do they stick around

reason i ask is because i want a car that people KNOW is modded lol. one of my friends just bought a crotch rocket though and im seriously considering skipping on modding my car and gettin one.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:53 AM

To be honest with you, I've never raced by Tiburon..lol, so I would'nt know. I do know that my car feels alot stronger then when it did stock. I drive different company cars at work..Malibu's, vans, Taruses (however you spell it) and my wife's truck. My car feels and handles great when compared to them.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

does anyone here have ITB? how much power does it add?

what are est. gains for the high-cams? and our stock ECU can handle them?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:16 AM

I've contact Kpsec and Hyundai Performance about that in the past and both agreed that the stock ECU would not work well with the cams they offered and recommended that a piggy back be used.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

High cams would probably give 10-15whp at top depending on how well the car is tuned for them.

As for the ITB, because they are so hard to tune and keep tuned, many people don't go that route. Its mainly for track only cars.