Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What Do You Want For Normally Aspirated Power?

Old 05-24-2005, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (LarryMcFly @ May 24 2005, 10:49 AM)
It's funny to hear people say that a turbo setup is more expensive than an n/a setup....it is quite the opposite.

add in the cost of premium fuel compared to regular + maintenance, and the price will rise quickly, im not looking for $/hp difference. im adding mods for my sheer pleasure, my car isnt fast, its not meant to be fast and im not trying to make it. im just trying to add mods for shits and giggles. a regular 19 yr old kid doesnt have 4k to just drop in a car right away.

if you are going for $/hp comparison then yes turbo is the way, but turbos also arent as reliable(from what i hear) they require constant care i cant risk the chance of something going wrong and then having to fork over more money to fix it. but to each his own..im also VERY impatient lol so i could save the money id spend on NA and put away to buy a turbo but i cant wait
Old 05-24-2005, 11:17 AM

let's see...

DaaFisch Money
paperstsoapco Money
homey14h Money
Dmitry Money
javageek Money

REDZMAN Space/Time &Money
Mad-Machine Reliability
LarryMcFly Reliability

So 6 votes for MONEY, and 2 for "Reliablity" in regards to why you haven't used Forced Induction.

No one has YET touched the Nitrous issue.
50-75 HP for $600 bucks is the best bang for the buck. Why haven't any of you financially challenged individuals considered Nitrous?

No one has YET touched the issue of what you WANT. Powerwise, cost wise, etc.. What are you guys looking for? What WOULD you spend your $$$ on ?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:20 AM

for my car or spend in general??

shit lol quoted that TOTALLY WRONG!
YES YOU DID! [slaps hand]
DONT QUOTE THE GUY ABOVE YOU MAN!
ninja.gif
Old 05-24-2005, 11:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

if i can ever get off my lazy ass ill be runnin a shot soon

prob around a 50 or so

money does come into play alot when i mess with my car

but time is the biggest thing(i work 55+ hours a week and my fiance doesnt like it when she is bored alone at home when i work on the car....i gotta learn to tell her "to bad")

what i WANT is to get some respect for the crooked h
i WANT my car to brake into the 15s here

alot of guys here (nissan) talk crap about my pile and yet have replaced the stupid spec v engine at like 15k cuz of the crappy balance job nissan did

not to mention power valve butterfly screws going through the head....
Old 05-24-2005, 11:37 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I don't run nitrous cause it's temporaly (only when you press button) and you are limmited by bottle size.

I don't race too much.

I just want about 200-220 whp for my daily driver. With good torque at low end.
So I think turbo (or supercharger) is the way to go.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Dang Random, now your making us think...... tongue.gif

I have considered nitrous, I had a kit at one time and didn't get around to installing it. I may buy one again.

Often I get sidetracked with my car. One day I will want this, the next day something else.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:51 AM

Nitrous rocks!

Honestly.. i had more fun being juiced up with nitrous than i did with turbo..

If i can do it again..

I would go with a quad throttle bodies from HVE and a full direct port setup...
HVE headers
2.5 exhaust
Random Special CAI
Kick ass head work
Uber lumpy cams
High ass compression pistons
Haltec

DAm... thats not a bad idea.. wtf am i doing now..
lol

As far as money..
When i really want something.. i quit eating fast food and take lunches to work..
Playing halo is also free and kills time. Selling old crap helps too.
Plus i do my own work.. so i save A LOT of $$$ there.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

turbo is too much money, AND the reliability factor, plus i am not smart enough (haven't researched enough yet anyway) to troubleshoot a turbo setup if i were ever too have problems

im kind of at a stand still because there is no way to build an n/a monster for our cars.. (yet? hopefully).

having things not dyno proven doesn't bother me that much, obviously you know whatever part you're buying WILL give you gains (because that's what everyone says, if people say they installed it and FELT gains, then you know that the gains pretty large)

nitrous? i want power all the time, you can't use a shot of nitrous in the city, and i suppose you could on the interstate but that's kind of dangerous.
there aren't many tracks around here .. maybe once i move to a bigger city next year (for college) ill get into track racing

for now i just want good POWER to cruise around with; a turbo setup intimidates me and costs too much, but an n/a setup is way too restrictive with our motors.......
ideally i would LIKE to have about 200hp, id say this is the equivalent of an ALL OUT n/a setup (more $ than turbo), or a very small basic turbo setup...i COULD save the money for the turbo, but i am not sure yet because of the reliability factor.

my plan is probably to continue with n/a, hopefully we will eventually be getting some parts that will help us be able to build an n/a beast with our motors (head work?!)

oh yes, the fact that i am automatic is also holding me back.
is it possible (or will it ever be) to have a fast automatic n/a tib? or is turboing my only option? ive also thought about the manual swap, but that's definitely a later project once i learn more (or get some friends who know more about cars .. probably will happen in college)

so shoot your advice at me! money is not holding me back, i've always been a saver, and i will work hard to get what i want .. i mean im 17 and saved enough to get as far as i am with the tib, mommy pays my insurance and that has been my parents only contribution (besides tires as a bday gift last year) to my car, i bought it and mod it myself.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:14 PM

moving to germany next wednesday is the only ting holding me bck right now. not sure about what will work over there emissions wise and stuff. money isn't a huuuge problem. the army pays well enough if i keep a low budget.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:36 PM

QUOTE (zoned019 @ May 24 2005, 12:13 PM)
mommy pays my insurance and that has been my parents only contribution (besides tires as a bday gift last year) to my car, i bought it and mod it myself.

haha lucky man, ive paid for both my cars and my insurance since i starte drivin and i pay my own college tuition. sucks but its got to be done, i also dont like askin for help so thats prolly why my mom doesnt pay for any thing