Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What Do You Want For Normally Aspirated Power?

Old 05-24-2005, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In several different threads, I've read that more folks seem to looking for Normally Aspirated engine mods and more power out of their existing modifications. This is just sort of an open thread to everyone. Feel free to chime in with your $0.02

My questions for everyone is.... WHAT are you looking for? Are you looking an N/A power mods for emissions reasons? For money reasons or for other reasons?

What parts are you guys looking for? There is a lot of stuff out there. Are you guys not buying it because of cost? Because it's not Dyno Proven? or Because of ???

If you want to stay N/A, why have you not thought about Nitrous Oxide? Is it because you are intimidated about the install/worried about doing damage to your motor? or because of ???

I'd like to see everyone's car move foward (damn, been hanging around Toyota too much) and turn their car into the car they WANT it to be. What's holding you/your car back?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:49 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Money is the only thing holding me back. I am gradually getting what I want, it just takes me a little longer than most. laugh.gif
Old 05-24-2005, 09:49 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I want to go turbo but I don't have enough money for that. It's only one reason that stops me.

So I'm looking for not expensive n/a mods that will work also with turbo setup.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:59 AM

whats holding me/my car back? lol school tuition, insurance 3200 a year, car payment + normal expenses like gas and what not. i make do slowly but surely. im going n/a for price reasons and the cost of turbo+gas+maintenace is too much in the long run. and this is my daily driver.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:03 AM

ditto, couldnt of said it better myself

*EDIT BY ADMIN, you COULD say it without quoting the person above you.*
Old 05-24-2005, 10:08 AM

if i had a beater id go turbo for sure, but i dont have the luxury of being able to afford another car because of insurance lol, and im also going for looks as well so that just adds more money, id like to move out sometime! lol
Old 05-24-2005, 10:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Tony from the new breed here, most of them aren't willing to spend, or rather, SAVE up the money to buy an item that isn't dyno proven. But these same folks don't DYNO anything they put on anyways.

ME? I'm learning about turbo systems for my project, and gonna start collecting my items soon. Main thing holding me backright now is not having a garage to put my parts on my car in. With an Apartment complex that doesn't let you work on your car, and no covered area out of the wind and dust to work on it, I can't even install my Airram or Cam I've had for months.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If I had the money it wold already be put into my car :-P. But money is what's holding me back between maintaining my car, insurence, car payments, just getting neck deep into the whole college thing. I'm slowly getting the money that I need for what I want to put into my car but it its gonna take a while :-P
Old 05-24-2005, 10:49 AM

It's funny to hear people say that a turbo setup is more expensive than an n/a setup....it is quite the opposite.

People think of an n/a setup as I/H/E period....an agreesive n/a setup (cam/pistons/tuning) is a lot more expensive $/hp than going turbo. People stay at a low level n/a because thay can add parts as money is available. A turbo setup, you need a 3-4000$ one shot move to get the setup rolling.

The reason why I stay n/a is for reliability reasons. On a race track, a turbo setup will have a tendency to overheat and generally be less reliable.

A "race" turbo setup (not drag but track racing) is a lot more expensive than a regular turbo setup for the street/occasionnal drag. The same distinction must be made about an n/a setup. For the same price, you will have a lot more hp and less reliability with a turbo.

Time and high-end troubleshooting are my biggest ennemy. Money is everyones problem.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:51 AM

The thing that holds me back from doing any kind of serious engine work.. I do not want to drive a bomb that is going to go off at the worst possible time. Rush hour in the Holland tunnel perhaps?

While most of my trips are short, about half an hour or less, but at least once a week I make a several hour trip, usually with a timelimit, I do not need to worry about my car.