Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

TeamSr or Injen Intake?

Old 03-03-2002, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TeamSr or Injen Intake?

Now i want to stay true to teamsr, however i might be comming into some money shortly, after a long spell of bieng broke, and i need to get some mods under my engine so i don't look too much like a ricer with my now, only body moded 2k1 tib.. i was wondering, what are the comparisons to the injen and the teamsr intakes.. form what it sounds the teamsr will be better in performance, but will it be cheaper? injen i believe will be charging around 230.00 for their tib intake (which i don't think is even on their website yet).. lemmie know, i want i want! hehe and how about sending some of those product tests out to us here in Minnesota? smile.gif thanks guys.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:07 PM

I would go with the AOS before the Injen because it's less expensive (didn't want to say cheaper) but I think the Shark Racing intake would be my choice.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:47 PM

totoro001:
i was wondering, what are the comparisons to the injen and the teamsr intakes.. form what it sounds the teamsr will be better in performance, but will it be cheaper?
I don't think a comparison can be made as SR hasn't released their unit yet. HP.com will be having an "Intake Challenge" some time soon. If your focusing mainly on performance than I'd wait on the results of that. I have heard that SR's Intake will be significantly cheaper. Don't quote me on this but I think I remember them saying the unit to be in the $150 territory.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:59 PM

As for actual performance, I know all of the CAI's will be in the same ball park for HP gains.

I think AEM's intake for the 2nd Generation tiburon is the best, simply because they are the best. They have the name, and stand by their product. On the pricey side, but if price is your concern shop elsewhere.

Botom line, performance wise they are all in the same range (I'm sure someone will disagree).
Old 03-03-2002, 11:59 PM

From what I was told it is going to be $140.00 including shipping. I hope it stays that price cause I want one badly!!
Old 03-04-2002, 12:38 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib

Injen is suggesting a retail of about 320 for their CAI, and i'm getting mine for a lot less...

right now you can get the injen for about 180-200 from this shop in Houston where i'm getting hooked up at. email me if yer interested
Old 03-04-2002, 01:32 AM

When is this now Hyper-Famous CAI comparisson going to be?
Does anyone have an ETA for the SR CAI? I would prefer to buy SR, but the Injen intake looks good, and as it is a Race Division product, I supose it's not bad in performance.
I'll wait for SR some more time, but right now I feel as if I have been waiting for ever.
wink
Old 03-04-2002, 01:48 AM

Yea it getting harder and harder to wait seeing as the AOS just released a Auto Verison the Injen is out and the Kore is on the way...

Im trying to hold out for the SR one but damnit its getting harder and harder frown
Old 03-04-2002, 02:27 AM

well i was actually the test dummy for the SR intake,...

Although it was the prototype,... it did look rather nice,... it would match PERFECTLY with the 1st gen silver.

The best feature about the intake was the sound,... i have never heard an intake, whether on a civic or a tibby, sound that loud. The performance was a lot better than the old weapon R i used to have.

[ March 04, 2002, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]
Old 03-04-2002, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Rob of HP.COM is waiting on AEM and SR to make their final intake before doing the CAI dyno showdown. As soon as they send him one, he will have all the Test CAI's he needs.

AEM had hoped to have it out over a month ago, but Rob has still not gotten his copy. The SR Prototype II is done (I believe) and on it's way to me for final testing. If that works, that will be the unit that is tested in the Dyno Showdown.

BTW...while we are on the subject of the "INJEN" intake, I will tell you that it is my least favorite design. I would recccomend the AOS intake before the Injen. The Injen puts the filter even with the middle of the radiator, right under the battery tray. Not a great location.

[ March 04, 2002, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Random ]