Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

PU motor and gearbox mounts

Old 03-04-2005, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
That may be true.. but if you have never driven a Supercharged car instead of a Turbo.. they hit pretty good from idle on up. I think Xorro is a leadfoot and has beated her mounts into submission.

Its doesn't help either when the sucker ways a ton and is on top and back of the motor off setting weight. I have marks on my firewall and slight rubbing on my hood.hehehe
Old 03-04-2005, 06:01 AM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

QUOTE (techcontib)
I have marks on my firewall and slight rubbing on my hood.hehehe

Me too!

Its was the fact that the pulley was severly grinding on the hood that signalled the problem with the mounts.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:08 AM

QUOTE (Xorro)
Me too!

Its was the fact that the pulley was severly grinding on the hood that signalled the problem with the mounts.

Ouch. Mine are marks on the gear housing that attaches the pully drive to the s/c. The firewall is from the stupid idle bypass valve which I have fixed. I might get some mounts when I get home as well.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:14 AM

Something you may want to look into. I believe the 240SX guys have a hydraulic damper than mount between the head and the strut mount. They do this to keep the engine from torquing from side to side.. but it would probably work (with some fabrication) to keep a front engine from moving fore and aft.

*edit*

Found one!

http://www.240sxmotoring.com/entodaforni2.html
Old 03-04-2005, 07:20 AM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

Hopefully the uprated front and rear motor mounts will do the trick, although that damper is a good idea.