Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Oil Pan.. I Hate It..

Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guess i will keep that in mind, but this is soo frusterating..

and i used a torque wrench last time.. and it was jacked up so it didnt spring back, and it twisted off one of the bolts..

o well, i guess i will figure out what imma do soon.. itll be welded up, and im getting a new return line made up so theres ABSOLUTELY no possiblity of oil leaking from pan, or the return line..

the pressure sensor is hooked up to the sandwich plate.. i am getting the oil from the head, so it should be a pretty low pressure source..

i looked at my car.. oil all over the place.. fock.. sad.gif

david can you give me a link to what your talking about.. i cant find it..
Old 01-13-2007, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That really sucks socks... just when it looked like you'd be getting your car back on the road. 02.gif

If it makes you feel better I haven't even seen mine for a week now because it's still in the shop... I miss it.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:00 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Nate,

here are some links that may help you
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/turbo/turborebuild.html

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20051009.G..._Turbo_Rebuild/
Old 01-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned

nah, theres not many things these days that would make me feel better.. just think about all the things that i have said in IMs posted about thats been f***ed up in the past 6 months.. its amazing when you think about it, lol. lmao.gif

i need a video on how to repair turbos lol.. i cant find one. do they have a 'repairing turbos' for dummys book? lmao.gif
Old 01-13-2007, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

nate i know its probably not the problem, but its worth checking it out anyway.

hook up the oil pressure sensor to wherever on the head you are getting the feed location from. i dont remember much about it, but someone said something about a missing restrictor in the head that messed something up...lol.

if you are that sure that your drain line is perfect, then what else could it really be?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:33 PM

this is my guess.

When he stopped running his car for repair or winter for about 3 months, even if he drained oil from his car, some or more oil could be trapped in the turbo and made the turbo seals go bad.

sad.gif
Old 01-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Banned

thats what im thinking nate, cuz i didnt do a damn thing differently, and now its leaking.. im thinking it has to be something i did from leaving it sitting there, i duno how. but thats all that makes sense.

i guess i could move the sensor there. i already have a T for the sensor in the head, i just need a plug for my sandwich plate, so oil wont shoot out my filter, lol.. lmao.gif

i may just keep the sensor hooked up there, because the pressure should be relative? or no?

missing a restrictor in the head? or like a restrictor for the feed line. because i was told if you get oil from the head you dont need a restrictor..
Old 01-14-2007, 01:48 PM

missing restrictor in the head. ya know, the thing that reduces pressure for the hlas and whatnot. i think it had something to do with when jon was getting his whole block acid dipped or something. random chimed in too i believe.

this is the thread i was talking about...dont know if it has any bearing on any of the things you are having problems with.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...p;hl=restrictor

i would definitely block off all ports and get a pressure reading on the oil going to the turbo. it would scratch off one potential cause, which is a step in the right direction. that way you wont be super discouraged if you get your return line&fitting all worked out and go through another turbo's seals.

or maybe your return line got all gunked up with some leftover oil sitting in it for a while? maybe your return line is just shitty and just fell apart on the inside.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned

thanx for the info.. my return line cant be falling apart tho.. its mostly hard line.. ill get pics today..

going to work on car. will be abck in like 4 hours lol

ok, i took pics of my oil return line from a top view and a side view.. this is the flow i am getting when its installed.. the bottom of turbo is almost perpendicular to the ground but rotated about 5 degrees towards the block. the other fitting is perpendicular to the side of the oil pan.. its a -10AN fitting, and the fitting that goes into the pan sticks out of the pan 1" and continues inside the pan about 2" where it dumps the oil..

Old 01-14-2007, 08:30 PM

well there's your problem...

im no expert and dont really have any experience with this but that thing doesnt look like it would have shit for gravitational flow.