Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Oil Pan.. I Hate It..

Old 01-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys.. im going to get my oil pan welded friggin solid so itll never leak again.. imma weld it from the inside and out, and then imma friggin weld the plug in, and then weld it to the block.. so itll never EVER leak again, and ill still blow oil smoke everywhere but who cares.. right.. lmao.gif

no, but really i need to know if i can cut this portion pictured in figure friggin Aye..

FIGURE Aye..

i did some Xtreme photoshopping so everyone would know what im asking and what i need to do.

the reason i need to do this is because my fitting is right next to this area, and a welder cant get around it to weld a full 360 around the fitting. SO, i was thinking about cutting a lot of this off, assuming its for the dummy stick (dipstick), i really dont need it, and will weld it back on once the fitting is secure..

CAN I DO THIS? will it really affect anything.. i dont really need the dipstick to tell me how much oil i have or anythying.. i will have an oil pressure gauge, and i will notice if im burning or leaking any oil.

FYI: this is my OLD oil pan with the fitting too low, now my fitting is as HIGH on the pan as possible..
Old 01-13-2007, 12:38 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

yeah, that's for the yummy dip stick!

noticed how it angles or slants down towards the wall? that has a purpose for giving you the right level/measurement when you check the oil level through the dip stick.

yes, it can be hacked up/removed, but just mind that your oil level measurement through the dipstick will now be different and screwed up maybe. i mean, just make sure that you are now not overfilling or low when you put oil b/c that will affect the turbo again

personally... i wouldn't remove it myself
Old 01-13-2007, 01:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

same here. you need to be dead on with oil level especially with turbo. if you take it off to weld or whatever i suggest putting it back on or doing somehting to make sure you have the right amount of oil in there
Old 01-13-2007, 01:07 PM

Maybe its that big blue circle but it looks like you could weld all the way around it to me.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Banned

well, this all dont matter, cuz my turbo is blown.. yay f***ING yay.... i started car today, and oil was leaking everywhere, blowing smoke.. and theres oil around where my CHRA bolts to the exhaust and compressor housing.. what the hell.. i have a free flowing return line and a low pressure head oil feed.. and a brand new turbo.. god damnit..

so screw this car. i may just fix these problems and then put it in FS in a couple weeks..

anyone know how to replace turbo oil seals?
please..

help..
Old 01-13-2007, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

have you ever checked the pressure on your feed line? where is your oil pressure sensor hooked up?
Old 01-13-2007, 04:36 PM

I think welding only the outside of the pan is good enough~~!

Also, I HATE OIL PAN TOO!!! mad.gif
Old 01-13-2007, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

why do you guys hate it soo much? seems like if you went at it patiently and with the right tools(torque wrench ftw) it would be easy to deal with.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:17 PM

i like my oil pan. lol. no really though i havent had any problems with it when i pulled it off for welding or anything. welding is really the only way to go. thats the only way i trust it.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

socks turbo city sells turbo rebuild kits and sell a video on how to rebuild it for under 200...

keep that in mind i guess