Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Motoria catback and headers installed with pix (NO56K)

Old 02-20-2005, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great but i got a Q for ya... How did you get under you car? Just jack it up and put it on some jack stands? Did you have to jack up the right side first to get the exaust on and then the front to install the headers or did you just jack the entire car off the ground? Just asking because i'll be installing my E/H soon.

Looks great, keep up the good work
Old 02-20-2005, 05:22 PM

QUOTE (hamhead)
I would get a cat instead of another resonator. It'll have the same effect, and it'll be better for the environment.

Well, I will only get a cat if CEL will come up, so far I drove about 100mi and it's fine. Don't care about eviorment.

If you get Tim's kit you will need a flange and some more piping to match it up. Tim's downpipe doesn't have a flange.

I got this from Importshark, they are having a GB right now, $365 for headers and exhaust shipped, $215 for just exhaust shipped smile.gif

EDIT:

I got my header off, then lifted the car up upfront, took the exhaust off, then put it back down, then took the rear off, then put new muffler in, put the car down, lifted the front again, tighet everything up, put the car back down, lifted the back and tighted everything at the back.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:32 PM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka)
Well, I will only get a cat if CEL will come up, so far I drove about 100mi and it's fine. Don't care about eviorment.

What a rather unenlightened attitude you have. Personally, I enjoy breathing. Ever since I took my first breath I have been addicted to it. My Opinion of you dropped a few notches just now.

There is no reason not to run a Cat, they rob so little horsepower, unless you spent all day at wide open throttle, you would never know it was there. If you are going to run willingly without a cat, I hope you get pulled over a spot inspection and fined.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Resonators and hi-flow cats create about the same restriction. Why not try and do something to contribute to the environment's health... I would understand if its not your daily driver... but from what I can tell it is.

It'd be easier to put on 4 jackstands... thats what I did. However I have access to a ton of jackstands... I can understand if you only have two and you don't wanna cough up 120 bucks for two more. The more the better usually.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
What a rather unenlightened attitude you have. Personally, I enjoy breathing. Ever since I took my first breath I have been addicted to it. My Opinion of you dropped a few notches just now.

There is no reason not to run a Cat, they rob so little horsepower, unless you spent all day at wide open throttle, you would never know it was there. If you are going to run willingly without a cat, I hope you get pulled over a spot inspection and fined.

lol, come on man, there is so many people that drive without cats and you can't hate them all!

Money is also an issue, I would spend about $110-130 to get everything... that's a lot of money. I might end up getting a high flow cat eventually, but for now I will be using a test pipe. Also I'd use my stock one, but it got messed up earlier, so it's not usable.

Ham, yeah, I only have 2 jack stands, that's why I had to go back and forth.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)

Word.

Go get a Cat, or I'll sic the Feds on you.

:drillserg
Old 02-20-2005, 05:44 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
Word.

Go get a Cat, or I'll sic the Feds on you.

:drillserg

jesus, I feel like I'll get shot if I don't get one. I need some time and money guys to get it in. So relax. I'll put a highflow cat instead of a resonator to help the enviorment and quite the car down.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Carsound Hi-Flows and others like it are like $30-$50 on Ebay that match the flanges on the Tib if you look around.

I personally do run the GSX and the 'Vette without cats. But now I only put like 2000 miles a year on the GSX and to keep my antique insurance on the 'Vette I can only put 3000 miles a year on it. And its impossible for me to put a cat on the 'Vette anyway with the side exhaust.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:12 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

all headers and "straight trough" mufflers set-up i've see nand heard on a tibby have the "buzzing" sound,
the header is the cause...
in my accent, i had a custom 2.5" mandrel cat back with dynomax super turbo muffler and 30" long glasspack and stock manifold/cat
car had a very nice deep sound,no buzzing
installed the now ungettable Key header and had a very annoying buzzing soud
added cams later that year and to my surprise the buzzing sound dissapeared
boy was i pleased!
Old 02-20-2005, 10:23 PM

QUOTE (hamhead)
Carsound Hi-Flows and others like it are like $30-$50 on Ebay that match the flanges on the Tib if you look around.

I personally do run the GSX and the 'Vette without cats. But now I only put like 2000 miles a year on the GSX and to keep my antique insurance on the 'Vette I can only put 3000 miles a year on it. And its impossible for me to put a cat on the 'Vette anyway with the side exhaust.

Can you please find me one of ebay for $50 with 2 bolt flange on and side and 3 bolt flange on the other side? All I found was just a cat, and I'll need new flanges, and they will have to be welded, etc. too much work and money. Please help!

I can't say that I gained tons of power with this setup, but 1st gear is amazing, second is really good too, and then it just a little above average. It flies through RPM band very very fast now.