Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Motoria catback and headers installed with pix (NO56K)

Old 02-20-2005, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

happy that I helped ya out man and it's very nice to have hyundai people help you out as well. I have to do everything on my own because live in a Honda town...

I already have my sound clip, so you can just compare to it smile.gif but it sounds a little different in real life smile.gif
Old 02-21-2005, 12:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

hey bro can you get some under the car shots.. like from header all the way back to exit of the exhaust.. thanks Chris
Old 02-21-2005, 05:12 AM

QUOTE (turbo93mx6)
hey bro can you get some under the car shots.. like from header all the way back to exit of the exhaust.. thanks Chris

I should have done it when I was installing it... we'll see man. I hate lifting up my car due to the fact that it's lowered over 2.5" and it's a PITA to lift it up.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:49 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

darn you stick shift. the swap would cost me a hefty $1500!! I was going to ask you about the differences in gains... great thread though.

With this automatic, all i'm going to feel is the push, not the swing... aah! lol.

these cats are going to be hard. i'm going to be having the same problem with the cat as you OP... tell me though, if you got headers with downpipe, then your resonator and exhaust system... where's the room for a cat? does it replace your downpipe?
Old 02-21-2005, 10:00 AM

I still think that you should swap to manual when you get some money. Or just sell your car and get one with manual tranny. With I/H/E on my auto xd I was able to get 16.5 or 16.6, stock manual tibby was 16.4 or so.... with I/h/e i'm hoping for something like 15.3 or so.

Depending how long your downpipe is, you will have to cut a piece of it off and weld a cat on it, then put an o2 bung after it.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

hey OP, one more stupid question on the install:

When installing headers, did you have to remove anything else from the engine to make room for the removal/installation of them? Like alternator? radiator? I would hope you wouldn't have to.

I guess I could just start taking my car apart and see for myself but I'd like to know what I'm gettin into before I start, especially from someone who just did it!

For those who want under-the-car shots...when I do mine I'll take uber pics for you and post in here or maybe a new thread (Just waitin on parts from Blacktibs). One of the NW GK guys up here is letting me use his lift and garage so I can take some nice shots (although my digicam was 10 bucks from WalMart...it still gets the job done tho!)
Old 02-21-2005, 01:52 PM

OP, I'm not going to contiue on w/ the "you need a cat" stuff....
BUT, just a reminder, In our state 98% of the Registered Motor Vehicles have to have emissions testing done once every 2 years.
wink1.gif

HKC, you need to keep that in mind too.

BTW, looks good. I'll DL the vid later when I get home from work.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Patreezy)
hey OP, one more stupid question on the install:

When installing headers, did you have to remove anything else from the engine to make room for the removal/installation of them? Like alternator? radiator? I would hope you wouldn't have to.

I had to remove PS pump, otherwise you won't get to the bolt all the way on the left. Also I took my fan off to install the header, after the install I had difficulties puttin the fan back in, so I just left my car with one(main) fan. So far no overheating or anytthing.

Tibwrc, I know that we need to pass emissions once every two years in MD, but I've driven over 150mi already and still no CEL, so I might get away with no cats, but I'm still gonna put it in just because I don't like the buzzing sound.

Thanks man smile.gif
Old 02-22-2005, 08:06 PM

Double post for an update smile.gif

here is more pictures of the exhaust:

When you look at the 1st picture, it's where my 45" Thrush resonator will go. And on the second picture is where my test pipe is, a new carsound or catco highflow cat will replace it soon.

I fixed the rattle that I had with a header wrap, it still makes some noise once in a while, but definitely a lot better smile.gif

And here are some impressions about this exhaust and headers:

1. I didn't feel much power from it. There is no kick at higher RPMs that I was expecting to get. Exhaust just flows very very freely, and car flies through RPMs like crazy( I like that part). So basically I'm assuming that I gained HP from 3000rpms to the redline very evenly and smoothly.

2. I definitely lost couple pounds of torque from 1-3K rpms. Not much, but I definitely feel that tq was lost.

3. I absolutely hate the sound of my new exhaust system. It buzzes like crazy! My car sounds no different from any Honda around here. I can say that I'm driving a fart mobile with a bumble bee can.... 02.gif

I will be going to the track in 2 weeks to see what this setup gave me so stay tuned about gains.

I will also get a high flow cat and a huge resonator to tone down some noise because it's horrible.

Stay tuned guys.

OP
Old 02-23-2005, 12:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

whats the tape crap in the thrird pic liek right over the rear suspension.. but for 365 bucks shoot you couldnt even got a honda header and a uni muffler.. chris