Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Free Cam Sprocket Mod !

Old 09-02-2004, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Free Cam Sprocket Mod !

change in mpg is what i meant.

you advance it, and you would have more low end power, but a lot less high end power.

i wouldnt test doing two teeth, you go to far and your valves could hit the pistons.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: high comp pistons

QUOTE (tibby01)
kinda like the theory of vtec, without keeping the bottom end as you do with with wtec. you notice any idling issues with this ford? i will definately be doing this soon.

ever think of trying out one more tooth? :twisted:

i would not recommend adjusting more than one tooth advanced or retarded...

that will most likely lead to piston/valve contact and your motor will die.

also..

I would also like to suggest that if you are new at engine tuning, you should not try to do this mod on your own... any mistake can lead to some nasty engine damage...

I have not noticed any idle problems at all, idles just like stock...

I have not noticed any mpg changes as i've only driven about 80 miles with this setup so far.

smile.gif
Old 09-02-2004, 12:57 PM

Default Re: How many interseted in gullwing doors?

all this mod does is make your cam act like a high lobe cam giving longer duration for the valve to be open to allow more air/fuel mixture to enter.

when you buy the adjustable cam sprockets, this is all they do. the problem is not knowing the degree of which you set the cam at. adjustable sprockets have marks for the amount of degree.

now, just doing this to the intake is alright for an all motor car but you will still suffer on the exhaust side. if you are boosted then you need to do the exhaust side also. this is only possible if you get both sprockets which k-spec sales. i have purchased them myself so that i can do this mod to my cams for more hp.

i will be turning my motor to 9000 rpm so this mod will help me out a lot in the upper rpm's.

those of you with questions on this mod, please be careful. if you go to far and dont know the degree of your cam, say good by to your valve train.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:51 PM

Default ALL ABOUT CORRECT TIRE SIZE AND WHEEL OFFSET - A Must read

i thought our motors can only safely turn to something like 7500?

this will be a fun little project when i do my header
Old 09-02-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: *Warning* - Window Switches + White board marker = BAD

Umm.. If your going for a high-rev motor (9k rpms), then why the hell do you need this mod? If you build a motor that will rev to 9k, your gonna have long duration cams, probably have to be a custom grind too, in which case, this mod will do nothing for you..

And you can get the motor to rev to 9k, but your gonna need some strong internals, and 2-3 valve springs..
Old 09-02-2004, 10:18 PM

Default Re: New GB for RotorPros! Pads, Brake Lines, Rotors!

he knows what he is talking about. you ever redz talking about that 500hp planned tiburon? djalkyd is the one building it. he also goes by the name 13.4 on some boards. wink.gif
Old 09-02-2004, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Turbo
Default Re: 1st gen body kits :)

I don't really understand what changing the cam timing would to talking about total HP, from what i've read in this post it just moves the HP to the low end like a 4-2-1 header would do, Am I correct? or does it really give the total hp boost? wouldn't the xd cam do the same work?
Old 09-03-2004, 07:17 AM

Default Re: 1st gen body kits :)

i have an XD...

and apparently hyundai sets the cams really advanced to begin with from the factory... that is what the cars are tuned for ...

making this adjustment to the cams seems to helps to make some midrange and top end power...

thats basically it.

and about turning the beta to 9000 rpms... i'll believe it when i see it ... smile.gif It'll take a lot of time and money to make it stay together.. otherwise, it'll be a one time wonder ! haha
Old 09-03-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: GK tib brake upgrade !

9000 is very attainible as long as you know what your doing and its properly tuned and reinforced which won't really be too expensive but it wont be cheap either.

advancing/retarding the cams wouldn't only change the power band but also increase hp in some areas if not over all depending on what other tuning is done and application. retarding the stock cams would put more power in the lower end by increasing the amount of air in which the engine is taking in at the lower rpms, which for street use would be good because the majority of driving dosent really go beyond 3-4k and would allow for better acceleration in these points. this would also eliminate some of the lag you experience when you smash the gas pedle from a dig in.

based on these facts and doing the opposite, advancing the cams would shift the power band higher in the rpms and again slightly boost hp in these areas. which would be better for racing apps because once you get out of first gear your rpm range will only be from 4500 and up roughly.

regardless of what cams your running the same principles remain and adjusting your timing is definately critical when you add in aftermarket cams. but if your taking the time to do cams you might as well go the whole 10 yards and get a valve job, port it out and get all new springs and lifters to boot.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Stainless Steel Brake Lines GB #3

so didnt fordfaster actually advance, not retard his cams?