Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Estimating Repair List. Help Me Out With Opinions.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Okay, I see you have plenty of help with the your oil issue so it seems you have it under control.

But the noise is not your wheel bearing. If you wheel bearing was shot than you would be able to wiggle your tire like you mentioned. Yes random is right.

It sound more like a its coming from your transmission or drive shaft. Look around and see if anything from the outside might be hitting on the frame or any other part, not just from underneath. If you already have an engine and transmission why not just go ahead and swap. You'll get more interested folks with 60k than 110k
Old 12-19-2005, 01:19 AM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

I think thats a problem with many rev'A models. Mine also is leaking or showing moisture at those locations. and also my tranny makes those noises. When i shift from drive to neutral or any other gearts it makes those nosies from the suspension area. I didnt think it was that big of a deal but if you find out, feel free to fill me in.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:18 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

The valve-cover gasket is an easy fix (mine has also started pushing oil out of those same locations lately so I'll have to do this too) but I'm not too familiar with the auto-tragic issue... Definitely not the wheel-bearing or CV joint though.

If you say the noise is comming from the tranny then it's on it's way out & needs to be reconditioned or swapped out for another one. Maybe you can get away with just getting the tranny serviced?

Maybe you could use the black Tib's tranny & use this as an opportunity to do the auto-to-manual-swap on that car fing02.gif

OT: Mate, any news on the shipping cost for the hood?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

The valve cover seals cost about $20 for the kit. Make sure you get the half moons, etc.

For the oil pan, remove all the 10mm bolts around it. You need an elbow extension and some luck to get to 2-3 of them by the tranny. Scrape off ALL the old sealant, then use high temp gasket maker to put it back on.