Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Custom Intake Pics

Old 05-24-2001, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by Zorro:
Say, I've been looking at the picures of the Random CAI gen 2, won't the air have a hard time getting round those 90degree bends??

You really need shallower bends otherwise the air will just stall in the pipe and probably won't be anymore beneficial than the stock setup..

Just my 2 pence smile.gif

The actually metal pipe will be madrel bent and I'm TRYING for a HUGE gentle curve so that there really would not be a straight section in the pipe, just a gradual change from direction to direction. The PVC's 90 degree bends do suck rocks.
Old 05-24-2001, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by Accent GSi:
CRAP! I badly read Randoms post. I thought his was made like that ! I made one out of ABS piping too ! I only have one 90 degree bend though, is it still going to work better than my cone filter alone ?

One 90 Degree bend? So your filter sits just at the bottom of the engine bay about 6" off the ground, right?

That is a better location than just strapped on to the MAF, but ideally, you would want to cut a hole into the fender well and tuck your filter in there to protect it from any/all engine heat, and to also protect it from the elements.
Old 05-24-2001, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made a hole in my fender wall, right in back of my fog light. It's gonna be tucked in there. But I painted my ABS piping, so I'm gonna put it on tommorrow, or saturday. My tube has one 90 degree angle, 2 45's and 2 straights. The hole of the tube is 2". Is that too small ? I think Hyundai is gonna kill me for making those holes ! But hey it's my car tongue.gif Also, Is it true that the air is gonna have trouble going through because of the 90 degree bend ?

Thanks
Old 05-24-2001, 12:24 PM

I had the Iceman cai for my Acura integra and it hydrolocked my engine going through a puddle. PISSSSSED. I thought I was covered by my warranty only 10k miles on it, but the very last line on the warranty stated it didn't cover water damage!!!. 3 grand later I was back on the road. SO becareful with the CAI,s **** can happen.
Erik
Old 05-24-2001, 02:20 PM

grrrrrr.....well maybe..what do you guys think? I have a mandrel pipe down to by the tranny..then I just <will complete tomm.> added a 3" 90 pvc elbow----7inchs pvc 3" tube....another 90 degree 3" then a 4" long 3" pvc tube then my filter...so basicaly:

down,right turn, forward, then toward the front...my cone will end up facing the front of the car....right by the empty fog lamp <didnt order my fog lights yet> does that setup sound effective? Over just my CAI down to tranny area....please only post good news ;o)

f-that give it to me straight....
Old 05-24-2001, 03:01 PM

so which is better? my mandel pipe to cone <by tranny area> or 2 90's in the fender.
Old 05-24-2001, 03:43 PM

OK. But which would be better? CAI or CAI in fender. Keep in mind my cone in next to hte tranny <almost touching it. So 2 45's are better than one...hehe just kidding.