Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Custom Intake Pics

Old 05-16-2001, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet job Tunez!! Hydrolock, imo, is a total non-issue. What are the chance of the whole air filter being covered with water? and if so, it would probably take at most a couple o gallons to climb up into your intakee manifold. I dunno about north carolina but I was too young to remember when we got that much flooding.
Old 05-16-2001, 11:18 PM

I put my sensor in the rubber bend and it made my CEL come on and had to take it to the dealer check what the problem was, they said putting the sensor (originally in the air box) behind the MAF screw-up the computers reading and turn my cars performance to sh!t.
So, not beleiving them of course, I patched the hole and put the stock stuff back on just to see and sure enough the CEL went off and car was back to normal. After seeing what you did I would like to try your idea. could you do a step-by-step write up on what you did, and the parts you used(size,lengths, degree bends,that kinda thing) for some of us that aren't as mechanically inclined. Thanx smile.gif
Old 05-16-2001, 11:34 PM

I did the same thing, what problems did you have by moving the box sensor back to the rubber bend that directly connects to the throttle body. Just wondering.I have no lights coming on but it seems funny.
Old 05-17-2001, 12:05 AM

My tib started putting when I would take off and then it thru up a CEL so I took it to my dealer as was (a big mistake on my part, I should have put the stock stuff back on) they wouldn't even touch the intake and made me go all the way down there and put the factory stuff on myself in the parking lot, before I did I tried to patch the hole and put the sensor in the filter, but on the test drive the car idled down and quit several times, so I put the stock stuff back on and all of the sudden no CEL, no putt, and idle was fine. Kinda weird huh? I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem? if not than can anybody tell me why mine did? P.S. the exhaust manifold had a hairline crack and I made them replace it, could that have been it? because they said no! I'm not sure what to believe. ANYBODY HELP!!!! sad.gif
Old 05-17-2001, 12:10 AM

What do you mean CEL. As far as problems I have none like that only that the car doesn't take of strong and then all of a sudden gets a burst of power.
Old 05-17-2001, 12:24 AM

LOOKS GR8 !! I'm going to try it on my wifes 2000 Elantra.
I have a question for anybody that would know, Why does my 2001 not have the MAFS or any other sensor before the TB like my 2000?????
Old 05-17-2001, 01:18 AM

CEL = Check Engine Light

I'm just going to get a plug to put in the hole I made and if Tunez can get some directions to how he did his I'll just put the sensor in the pipe before the MAF and it should run smoothly (knocking on wood). Hey Tunez, hook me up please!!!!
Old 05-17-2001, 02:04 AM

Tunez what do you mean you have me confused. What I have know is just a cone filter after the mafs. It sounds good but I would imagine it will have better performance once a cai is insatlled(agree?) please explain what you mean and why i slag off the take off. Oh did you put the wheel well back in or do you leave it off.