Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Pedal

Old 04-20-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Man I'm confused...so tibby01's way means that you can't remote start the car if its in gear, right? BUT if you just wanted to start ur car manually, it won't matter if its in gear or not (but u need to have the clutch pushed in) right?

Also, wtf is going on in that picture...??
Old 04-20-2006, 06:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

no, my car will not start in gear unless im pushing in on the clutch, period. wire goes from one side of clutch switch, to magentic reed switch(which closes when the car is in neutral), back to other side of clutch switch.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

okay, so if the car is in neutral u can start it without the clutch, if its NOT in neutral the clutch must be in.

ur da man tibby01 fing02.gif
Old 04-20-2006, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

precisely, and yes, yes i am. cool.gif wink1.gif
Old 04-20-2006, 07:21 PM

And that's how it should be. YOU may never accidentally remote start your car while it's in gear, but what if a mechanic accidentally hits a button? And most mechanics intentionally leave a car in gear to keep it from rolling while parked, instead of using the parking brake. Don't ask me why but 9 times out of 10 that's what they do.

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Apr 16 2006, 07:06 AM)
All I did was take a piece of two inch wire, crimp to ends (both male I think) and when I unplugged the harness from it, plugged the wire into the plastic end of the harness. Now the starter bypass switch thinks the clutch is in ALL the time.

You don't have a remote start, but do you warn shops that you have done this? Some drivers don't depress the clutch until after they tunr the key completely, which would mean your car could jump forward and hit something before the startled driver had a chance to hit the brake.

There are numerous stories on car security forums where someone who bypassed the clutch switch ended up having their car drive itself across a parking lot and hit a wall or another car. The Clifford Remote starts no longer officially support manual transmissionss, since they are now owned by DEI, but only the ony thing that has changed is that part of the instructions have been removed. Clifford's method is my favorite, because I never have to worry that anything will go wrong, or perhaps some of my wiring has failed or whatever.