Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Cel Strobe Light

Old 04-17-2006, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

so i was driving on easter, and notice my CEL was gone for about 40 miles randomly. i was so happy, felt so relieved for that one day it went away, thought it was gone for good.

apparently it came back on after 40 miles. car is driving fine with the hoses all connected, but i thought that i finally outsmarted it once and for all. any thought as to why this happened?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

CHANGE THE BLUE THING ALREADY!! that is your problem. if you look at your chilton it will show a diagram and what each part does. your problem is the blue thing change it now damit!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:31 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i know i know i suck. that 50 miles easter present was a prayer come true for what it was worth. that blue thing is actually brand spankin' new. by changing it do you mean it's in the wrong place?

checked all the tubes, no leaks, no bends. from what i researched and looked at so far, my setup is in the right place too.

the only thing it could be, is because my car is an auto and somehow the evap system is directly connected and adjusted to the computer.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

lmao.gif haha i posted some looong stuff last night about this but i dunno what happened the green bars just stoped. so that was the result lmao.gif

when i look at your pics of how you ran everything it just doesnt look rite. i have tryed to explain through mspaint but the pics come out too small. basicly make it look stock then run it like mine.the two pics i posted earlier should be all you need. i have had this on my car for 5 months and 10000 miles with no cel i really dont think it has anything to do with auto i think its hooked up wrong or that blue thing. all your doing is extending 3 hoses and the box thats it.

so if somone could explain how to do the mspaint to forum DIY i could help you better.