Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Ark Catback Finally Installed!

Old 05-12-2005, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, this is the old style gtech isn't it? (only does 0-60, 1/4 mile, and braking, plus horsepower when you run the 1/4?) They measure horsepower differently yet again, so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

What mods do you have? Since I only have the exhaust, if you have a CAI and headers, that'd give you the difference as well.

Edit: I checked your vehicles... adding the CAI I'm sure helps a lot (6-8) leaving the other 5-6 or so just due to different test conditions) And for those mods ~140 whp should be about right.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:45 PM

2001 tiburon is actually rated 66lbs lighter than the 99 not a huge difference but it looks like correct weight really comes into play on the gtech. But factoring the mods both of you have they seem pretty darn close.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:07 AM

QUOTE (hamhead @ May 12 2005, 06:14 PM)
Odd... made a run this morning (60ish degrees, slightly humid) and it said 114hp off the GTech. Ahh well, if my car is ~140whp as measured on the standard dyno than I'll take it. tongue.gif

You know Ham, that might be about right. People who have shown dynos of their Tibs stock usually hit around that mark.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:52 PM

Always, always, ALWAYS remember to reset your ECU and do 30 mins of driving afterwards. I finally got around to it (basically changed my battery) and drove HARD for 30 minutes. Got out and did some more Gtech work and here's the new numbers:

Gained another 4-5whp from the ECU reset and you can really feel it as well. So that makes the total around 10-11 whp laugh.gif

When I went to get a new battery, I drove my wife's car (2000 Tibby stock). Man I can really feel the difference not having the Ark catback on there. It feels sluggish.

Now I just need the AEM CAI and I'll have it breathing better all the way through laugh.gif