DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Prs4, And Prs2 Wiring Chart For The Rd Beta I

Old 10-25-2005, 09:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

OK, now that you guys have the PRS units, here is what I've got so far for wiring it up. This is assuming that Webtech is correct with the pin #'s, etc, so procede at your own descretion. I got a TON of help from Dave (Dmdicks on NewTib and here) in making this as he is the original user for the Beta II. He is running the PRS2 that has less outputs than the PRS4, which required him to run "batch" firing. So that is how this is set up, although there is nothing wrong with that. If you want to run sequential, then just separate the injector and coil wires into the extra output options. All the wires are just spliced in, except for the ones in red, which must be completely cut to relinquish control of the bastard OEM ECU from the depths of hell in which all turbo tuning evils originate.......... mad.gif *takes deep breath* The others can be left connected so that the RPM, speedo, etc still works.

Old 10-25-2005, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

moving to DIY section and adding it to the listing...
Old 10-25-2005, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

So in this setup your connections in black are just piggy backed off of the OEM ECU wires? Just want to make sure I'm reading that correctly. If so do you still need to put in a fuse for the PRS power supply like it says in the manual? What would be better to run Batch firing or Sequential? How bout if you throw an MSD box into the mix.
Sorry for so many questions just wondering. Don't want to mess up the install you know.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:21 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Damnit Jon, give me info on that PRS I say. Come good man, dont hold out on me smile.gif
Old 10-25-2005, 01:24 PM

The stock ECU is already fused and you're hooking up to that, but make sure it's the right size.

We got it from Tim. He said he had a "secret" supplier here in the US. But after everyone paid, it turned out that the units still had to go through Bob at IDA, which ended up screwing him a little and delaying the shipment. So no matter what, you need to go through IDA and try to work out some kind of deal. Or, since they want you to have a dyno as a requirment, you can go through someone UNDER IDA who already has a deal with them, to get you a better deal.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JonGTR @ Oct 25 2005, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The stock ECU is already fused and you're hooking up to that, but make sure it's the right size.

We got it from Tim. He said he had a "secret" supplier here in the US. But after everyone paid, it turned out that the units still had to go through Bob at IDA, which ended up screwing him a little and delaying the shipment. So no matter what, you need to go through IDA and try to work out some kind of deal. Or, since they want you to have a dyno as a requirment, you can go through someone UNDER IDA who already has a deal with them, to get you a better deal.</div>
good luck with support from perfect power or IDA automtive.. they were both dicks to me which is why i ditched my SMT6 so fast for my haltech and their software sux
Old 10-25-2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

ninja.gif
Old 10-26-2005, 06:11 AM

I've always had great support from Perfect Power directly and they're very well known throughout the world, just not in the U.S.

Anyways, thanks a lot guys. This was a DIY thread, not for bashing Perfect Power.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey Jon, a while back I remember people talking about a wiring harness for this so you could jsut swap your stock ecu back in. Or is that not needed? Im wondering for emissions. Thanks
Old 01-12-2006, 05:43 AM

Hi JonGTR

Do you have any MAPS already for the PRS4??... Yesterday I take the PRS4 for installation... and the car don't start... it keeps cranking but don't start... also I smells the gas... so I think that the injectors are working....

Any help???