DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Prs4, And Prs2 Wiring Chart For The Rd Beta I

Old 01-12-2006, 07:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Well, I'm trying to get my current problem fixed before I add another one like the PRS to it. I have a base map that may work, but I was hoping to get it installed and running perfectly before I handed it to anyone here as a working map.

Give me your email and I'll send it to you, but dont assume that its going to run your motor. you'll still need to adjust it according to your injector size and pressure.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey jon, I would like that map as well. i can adjust it as needed, i just need something to start with. Ericy321 @ aol.com (no spaces) Thanks
Old 01-12-2006, 09:12 AM

Sent.
Remember, this map is Dave's (DMDicks from Newtib). He gets the credit for this one. fing02.gif

However, his motor doesn't have the idle controller like ours, so you need to adjust for that. You could probably let the ECU control that.
The fuel map is left alone, and fuel is corrected using the Fuel Amp on the side. Thats the way his shop opted to do it. Your shop can do it the other way.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:53 AM

Hi JonGtr I will gladly accept that MAP.... I just want to begin with something...

MY email is tiburonwao@cableonda.net

Also a dealer from Colombia will help me tuning the fuel.... I just have to place a call to him also with msn....

He said that he will have an Ignition Map and Fuel map in two weeks.... As soon as I have it, I will post it here.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:30 PM

Hi Again...

Jon GTR and Ericy321... I have send you PM's to both of you....
Old 01-29-2006, 10:08 AM

OK:..... I'm really mad about this...

I can't get the DAMM PSR4 installed.... Even the Perfect Power can get me an installation diagram.... my car doesn't start...

WHO HAS THE PRS4 installed??? who can help me with my pins conector using my wiring diagram??? and the Global Settings??? In my country there is no dealer from Perfect Power....

I wil appreciatte any help for me.....

Thanks...
Old 03-07-2006, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hey all,
I just got mine installed yesterday. Got a laptop to go and give it a run. I'm using a preset program provided by the install CD. I can't get the car to start. 02.gif I don't think my fuel pump is working. I was wondering if the LED drive is the correct one or if it supposed to be the pump drive. I connected to the LED like in the diagram. If any body has a base line to work from that would be great. Just send it to speer@iastate.edu I'll tell you guys if I get any news.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:42 PM

Try disconnecting that and letting the stock ECU drive everything except the Coils and Injectors.
I'm gonna try letting the ECU control the idle too, even though the PRS should be able to do it.

I've been lagging FAAAAR behind on this because my Wideband took a shit. I sent it in to get repaired, so I'm waiting on that right now. Once it gets in, I'll work on this ASAP!
Old 03-09-2006, 01:30 AM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

ok here is what i got so far. i altered from jons diagram after my car didnt start.
i was getting no fuel pump activation so i switched it from the LED drive #7 to the the Pump Relay #19. now i have a working fuel pump but not a running car. ive been reading a ton of stuff on the perfectpower website.

first im wondering how the computer is getting an rpm reading off of the MAP sensor?
second im wondering if the MAP sensor needs power to work, according to the website it does but im unsure.

Tomorrow im think im going to make the following changes to jons diagram and see what i can get to work.
first for #5 throttle im going to connect the TPS sensor #73
connect #17 +5v signal to the MAP sensor input (check w/voltmeter)

if the car doesnt run with those changes im going to swap #3 CB2 to the cam position sensor #44 but then i am unsure which crank sensor A or B i need at CB1 #15.

if anybody has any input good or bad please give me a heads up. i havnt seen a running rd with this computer yet and this is getting to be a pain in the rear to figure out.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:02 AM

The wiring diagram up there is for the PRS ECU only. Wiring power to the MAP sensor is a given. Don't forget the ground either.
As for the TPS, DMdicks' shop had it wired this way. The MAP they made didn't rely on a TPS. It only relies on the MAP voltage and RPM.