DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

HID's for the H11b's

Old 01-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I got mine from DDM Tuning. They were running a special when I bought them which was too good of a deal to pass up.

You can get them from Diode Dynamics also, which is probably what I will do if I buy another set.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai Elantra SE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Jan 10 2009, 12:30 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I got mine from DDM Tuning. They were running a special when I bought them which was too good of a deal to pass up.

You can get them from Diode Dynamics also, which is probably what I will do if I buy another set.</div>

Feel like modifying some lenses in a couple months? As for the wiring, I want to do the same thing Munky did was use the wiring inside the light housing for power rather than mess with the harness that plugs into it.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

rolleyes.gif NICE! I like it. cool.gif
Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

i still don't understand how by breaking a part of the base off it goes from a H11B bulb to H11......

also if you broke the tabs off that held the bulb connector on the base how would the base work w/o the connector....
Old 01-10-2009, 04:30 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cujo8me @ Jan 10 2009, 02:19 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>i still don't understand how by breaking a part of the base off it goes from a H11B bulb to H11......

also if you broke the tabs off that held the bulb connector on the base how would the base work w/o the connector....</div>

The part you need to cut is the part where the electrical connections are built into the base, which is in the way for the fitamet of the H11 bulb. Removing that section allows the H11 bulb to seat in the base flush and lock in. With the H11 bulb, the electrical connection is on the end of the bulb and at a 90 degree angle (for the regular bulb). On the HID conversion, you do not need the electrical connection at the bulb base.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cclngthr @ Jan 10 2009, 11:19 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Feel like modifying some lenses in a couple months? As for the wiring, I want to do the same thing Munky did was use the wiring inside the light housing for power rather than mess with the harness that plugs into it.</div>
How do you want to modify the lenses?

I'm not sure what you mean by using the wiring inside the light housing for power.

I don't mind doing some work, but I want to do my HID's first (I've had a ton of stuff come up that's kept me from installing them yet) but after that it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:23 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

with a regular bulb would you have to modify the connector or would it just plug into the h11?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:42 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Jan 11 2009, 01:26 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>How do you want to modify the lenses?

I'm not sure what you mean by using the wiring inside the light housing for power.

I don't mind doing some work, but I want to do my HID's first (I've had a ton of stuff come up that's kept me from installing them yet) but after that it shouldn't be a problem.</div>

I want to do the same thing Munky did so the H11 bulb fits the H11b housing. The electrical connection part would have to be removed (it is molded into the housing).

What Munky did was use the wires inside the housing as the main power for the ballasts and HID lights rather than splicing into the harness that plugs into the harness. That way, the wiring still is under warranty.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cujo8me @ Jan 11 2009, 06:23 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>with a regular bulb would you have to modify the connector or would it just plug into the h11?</div>

The regular H11 bulb has a plug where the wires connect to the bulb. The H11b bulb electrical connection is made when the bulb is locked into the housing. You would have to modify the electrical connection and the housing like Munky did so the H11 bulb, regular and HID would fit the H11b base.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:07 AM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

sleep.gif Colin, be careful not to do anything that will void your waranty.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sharkrocket @ Jan 11 2009, 08:07 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>sleep.gif Colin, be careful not to do anything that will void your waranty.</div>

That is why I want to avoid cutting into the main harness. I want to use the wiring that is inside the headlight lens housing instead. That way, if I have a problem, then the housing can easily be swapped out and it will be factory again. Also looks factory when you wire it up so the housing wires are used rather than having a bunch of splices in the main harness.