DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

DIY - Resetting your ECU

Old 02-07-2005, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Tried what? Resetting your ECU?

Most of us do it about once a month man. Yeah, it's safe.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainSly)</div><div class='quotemain'>The minute I saw this thread, I wanted to say .... unplug the positive battery terminal.... wait 10 mins...... reconnect. DONE</div>

Positive? Not brightest idea...
Old 02-07-2005, 07:44 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zellus)</div><div class='quotemain'>But are this safe ? or can i kill the ecu ....... have someone tried this yet?</div>

Yah man its been done before..to death.. youll be suprised how much better your car runs man..

nobody here will recomend something unless they themselves have done, or at the very least knew somebody who has done it and had good results
Old 02-09-2005, 07:34 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Coupe 2.0fx RD2

Well i took contact with hyundai dealer in norway and they said that this wouldn`t work so much, the ecu can learn something but we can`t tuning the car with this.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:23 PM

The point isn't to tune the car, it's to get the car to perform better.

By resetting your ECU the car will learn to use the power of your new mod quicker. You don't have to reset it, but it's a good thing to do if you want quick results.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nihildark)</div><div class='quotemain'>The point isn't to tune the car, it's to get the car to perform better.

By resetting your ECU the car will learn to use the power of your new mod quicker. You don't have to reset it, but it's a good thing to do if you want quick results.</div>

Ditto, your ECU will eventually adapt and learn, but it just takes time, this is quicker smile.gif
Old 02-09-2005, 06:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zellus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well i took contact with hyundai dealer in norway and they said that this wouldn`t work so much, the ecu can learn something but we can`t tuning the car with this.</div>

Your dealer is an idiot.

Most dealers are.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:43 AM

I resetted my Ecu once (didn't do the warm up the engine part eyeroll.gif )
and when I reconnected it my car was running weird in the beginning. When driving and pressing the cludge the rpm dropped to like 500 (and it felt like it wanted to stall all the time) and then slowly gained again (stationaire).
Is this normal ? Or is my car sick LoL laugh.gif:

I heard that the Ecu is 'learning/reading settings' so that's why it's running like a idiot in the beginning.

Do I need to reset my ecu again while the engine is warm and driving like a maniac just after that. Or is my ecu already adapted to my insane driving at the moment. smile.gif

-stupid-
I just read KayJay post on ecu learning. He said it will eventually adapt, what is the scale of this 'eventually', years, months :S
Old 03-14-2005, 08:03 AM

Its also a good way to get rid of pesky CELs. They do come back after a few days but if you're like me you'll keep resetting the ECU everytime it comes back on. laugh.gif:
Old 03-14-2005, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ViperĀ®)</div><div class='quotemain'>He said it will eventually adapt, what is the scale of this 'eventually', years, months :S</div>

about a week, at the most.