DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy: How To Pack And Ship Large Items

Old 01-13-2008, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

a little on the late side but i received a type-r wing from daniel depetro a few weeks back and man talked about being packed good, good lord.

it looked like he really spent his time making a shipping container (wasn't really a box) that fit the type-r wing to a T. with all the bubble wrap and packing tape he used it took me nearly ten minutes to get the wing completely out of the box.

DAMN GOOD JOB DAN!!! fing02.gif
Old 01-31-2008, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

I work in the shipping department in a factory, we get all kinds of weird shaped sized things that need to be packaged. If it wont fit in a box we have spools(literaly spools giant round things in which cardboard rolls off of) that we can make anything fit in. And for those very awkward shaped things they get wrapped in this 1/4"thick foam stuff then they get wrapped in cardboard, then depending on how tall/thick/wide depends on what other box it gets slipped into. Drop in the parts boxes/bags, fill with packing penuts. Finish with taping the ever loving shit out of the box, then send the box to parts sorting, and then to my other job, loading of trucks.