DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy Double Din Install

Old 05-12-2007, 11:28 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

For yours I'd probly use bondo body filller first, then glazing putty. Bondo-glass goes on like chunky peanut butter. I just slathered it on in there, then made it smooth and a bit high. After sanding it down to a flat surface, all that was left was pits and grooves ( or so i thought, i should have used some bondo too because it looked different then it was). Glazing putty is made to make a completely flat surface. Bondo Body filler is meant to be worked with.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

well then you've saved me again because it took me 12 hours to get it smooth with a file. dtn you're a lifesaver. great i had so much trouble with grooves. now i just gotta wait until i get back from poland to finish this up... don't have time to finish. where can you get the putty?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:39 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

dude.... don't use a file... Sand paper.

On mine, I used bondo-glass which is bondo's fiberglass repair stuff. For yours, you've already got stability, but you need to fill in the gaps and build up some areas. I'd recommend bondo body filler and then some glazing putty. You can get it at your local auto store.

Also, when you sand, you can get a flat surface by using a flat sander. It's a hand-tool that you wrap the pre-cut size sand paper around. For working with the curves, use a sanding sponge. When my sanding sponge wore out, i just started wrapping sand paper around my sanding sponge. It's worked for every sanding project since then.

laugh.gif
Old 01-13-2023, 02:26 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe IX45 q2016

Hi, advise me on a good car stereo that has a lot of features. Comfortable navigator, ability to connect car play, etc.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:34 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe IX45

Originally Posted by Yuppis
Hi, advise me on a good car stereo that has a lot of features. Comfortable navigator, ability to connect car play, etc.
You can buy this one for your Hyundai Santa Fe IX45 2012-2017 Android Car Stereo https://smarty-trend.com/hyundai-san...head-unit.html. This is probably one of the best options you can buy today. It costs a little less than the original car stereo, but I like the quality much more. Since the user-friendly interface, quick response to clicking, a lot of features, processing audio tracks is great, the ability to install additional applications as well is.