DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

DIY clutch installation

Old 09-21-2008, 10:11 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My alignment gets thrown off all the time from removing those bolts! Seriously. It's not just those bolts either, you have to remove the tie rod ends and the steering arms.

Luckily I sprang for the firestone lifetime warranty alignment. Any time my alignment gets off, I take it in and they fix it. It's great.

If you drive a perfectly aligned car and then throw off the alignment, you'll notice a difference. Too much toe in = ramp effect as you turn the steering wheel Too much left or right = car turns for you Too much toe out = understeer Too much camber = turning on it's own or uneven wear, or wierd feeling while turning.

Seriously. Alignments save your tires and allow you to get the full manufacturer's miles out of them. Your vehicle should be aligned every time you get new tires. Alignments = better handling, take offs, better turning, more effective grip on the road, less tire wear and they make girls like you more.

The firestone lifetime warranty cost about double a standard alignment and it means that you can tune your car, jack up the alignment and bring it back to them to fix. I've made my money back 3 times over on that warranty.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tib

^ "you have to remove the tie rod ends and the steering arms"?? Really? I didn'nt have to remove any of those?(maybe because I have coilovers?)....I get free alignments if needed, I haven't drove it since I pulled those two bolts,but it was never a problem the other way. I Just can't see it being an issue.The issue is, I was at the track with some buddies and I ended up looking stupid in a 5 to 1 argument., so, I see 2 no and 1 yes reply, any others??
Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, it's that or find another way to pull the 1/2 shaft out of the transmission. The steering arm is the easiest.

I do my work on a 4 point lift, standing under the car with a transmission jack. I have all the room and space in the world. For the average guy working on jack stands, or without a lifetime alignment, it might be easier to do it another way. Either way you're moving alot of parts of your suspension around and it can throw off your alignment if everything dosn't go right back the way it came.