DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy: Change Your Engine Oil (with Crankcase Flush)

Old 01-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You bend the rolled seam a little bit, IF you lower the car hard on the stand. If you drop the car on the stand, it'll probably crumple no matter where the stand is on the rib. I've edited the text about the jack stands and REDed the first sentence to emphasize the importance of it.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:18 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

no, even a slight amount of pressure on the seams is enough to bend them. You can't even stick the stock jack under the seems in the car without causing damage to them. The jacking point is only about 3 inches wide. That's the only place you can put the jack without damaging the car.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

? My seams have little dimples, nothing like the horror in your pictures. If I use a hydraulic jack, I set it down slooooow on the stands. It makes a little tiny bit of crush. I'm careful to set it down dead-center on the top of the stand so there isn't any lateral pressure on the rib. If I use the stock jack, I leave the car on the jacks, so no worries about messing up the rib down there. Make that, I leave it with a *small* gap between the car and the top of the stand.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post hail.gif

But just a quick question, if that's okay... smile.gif

Going to change my oil in the Coupe tomorrow.. First time after buying it the other day.. Could anyone tell me the torque settings of the sump nut??? Don't want to overtighten it.....Bad things happen to me when I overtighten things...... :pointsgunathead:

Thanks in advance guys!!!

smile.gif
Old 04-20-2010, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

do yalls tibs consume 4.5 quarts? mine is less than 4
Old 04-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Tighten it down enough to crush the washer enough to seal. More than that is likely wasted effort. If you find you have a habit of putting too much "oomph" on things, try using a shorter wrench. Seriously.