The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Why The Tib?

Old 12-17-2008, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Dec 16 2008, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>IMO alarms are just a false sense of security.. no one pays attention to alarms these days. a good thief will disable it, and most likely they are gonna break a window or w/e anyway.</div>

Having both my cars broken into once I will always promote car alarms. True, it will not prevent someone who has already targeted your vehicle, but hopefully it will deter others who would rather move on to an easier target. The goal is to make yourself a harder target; The pager alerts are awesome, I have them installed on both my vehicles.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lil flashing LED and a coupler small stickers will be plenty to deter 90% of thieves. and the cost is like 10$. if i ever feel the need to deter people, thats what i will probably do.

if im in the mall, and my alarm goes off.. a) no one is gonna take a second look at the car, b) imma be too far away to make any difference.

i've had 8 cars, and 2 of them were pretty nice (tib and srt) that i would assume woulda been good targets, and never had a break-in attempt.